What is a segment?
A segment is a specific group of contacts found with specific search conditions, saved under a unique name.
Segments allow you to set up a specific group of search conditions to define a group of contacts without keeping them in a separate list. They are dynamic — you don’t need to manually add new contacts to a segment. As soon as they meet the conditions, they’re added to the segment automatically.
How do I create a segment?
To create a segment, you’ll first need to choose search conditions.
- Go to Dashboard>>Contacts>>Search.
- Click Advanced search and start adding conditions or condition groups.
- Once you’re done, click Save as segment. A pop-up modal will open.
- Enter a name for the filter and click Save.
Where can I find saved segments?
If you’d like to view or edit your segments, click Segments on the very bottom of the Search contacts page. Click the Actions icon to edit, copy, or delete custom filters.
What can I do with segments?
There are many uses for segments. The list below includes a few examples of what you can do with the segments you’ve created:
- Manage your contact list. Go to Contacts>> Search>> Segments to find your segments. See what contacts are in your segments and review or edit contact details. If you wish to, you can also export contact information.
- Send newsletters to specific groups of people. For example, you can send targeted messages based on, among others, custom fields, tags, score, customer actions or client needs and wants.
- Exclude groups of people from getting your messages. For example, you know that specific groups of people within one list like to receive different message content (less text, more videos, and vice versa) or the same content but at different intervals. You can create as many segments as you need for these email addresses. When you create a newsletter, you can exclude these segments from the recipients. This way you can tailor your communication to their needs and wants, and send them different messages within the same list.