How can I gain new contacts through my Facebook Page?
Use GetResponse forms and our Facebook Web Form App to collect sign-ups. Simply add a sign-up form you created in the GetResponse account to your Facebook Page. This application is compatible with embedded, pop over, and scroll forms.
Keep in mind that due to Facebook API requirements you can add GetResponse forms to your Facebook Page only if it has at least 2000 followers. If your page currently has fewer followers than this, you will see the following error:
Once you make sure that your Page meets the above criteria, take the following steps:
Before you begin
- Create a form you’d like to add to the Facebook Page.
- If you want to use a custom thank-you page, make sure that the page URL starts with https:// (not http) and the page supports iframe.
- Create a Page in your Facebook account.
Note: If you’ve used our previous version of the Facebook Web Form App, you don’t need to install it again. It updates automatically.
Adding a sign-up form to your Facebook Page
1. Log into your Facebook account. In a separate tab or window, go to our application. You can find it at https://facebookwebforms.getresponse-integrations.com/
2. Click the Continue as button to authorize the app.
3. Expand the Facebook Pages menu to select the page you want to add the sign-up form to. Next, click Add Page Tab.
Note: You must be the page admin to be able to do it. The page you choose must be a Facebook Page. It’s not possible to place the form on your Facebook profile or Facebook Group.
4. Go to your Facebook Page as per the screenshot below.
5. It is time to configure your integration. You’ll see a new Sign up tab in the page tabs section. Select the tab.
If you have a GetResponse Enterprise account, select I have the Enterprise package. Next, select the type, and enter your domain name. Note: Your domain must support https://
6. Enter the GetResponse API key. Next, click Login.
A success message appears to confirm you’ve connected your GetResponse and Facebook accounts.
7. Specify the details in the required fields:
- Choose the list you want to add your new subscribers to
- Choose the web form from a dropdown window
- Align the form (left/center/right)
Optionally, you can:
- Add the text you want to be displayed on the tab – a message to encourage visitors to sign up and to explain what they will receive
Note: basic HTML tags are allowed: <div> <p> <span> <a> <br> <h1> <h2> <h3> <style> <b> <u> <i> Adding images is not allowed.
- Adjust the position of the additional text (required if you add a message).
8. Click Save to finish the setup and add the form to the Page.
To preview the form, click Preview form.
How to edit the settings and share the tab?
You can edit the GetResponse Web Forms settings. You can change:
- the default application thumbnail icon
- the application name displayed in the tab from Sign up to a custom name.
To edit the settings
1. Log into your fan page and go to Settings>>Edit page.
2. Under Tabs, find Sign up and click Settings.
3. Click Edit settings.
4. In the pop-up modal, select Change to add the thumbnail. The image dimensions must be 111 pixels high x 74 pixels wide and less than 1MB in size.
You can also type in a new name for the tab.
5. Click Save and then OK.
To share the Sign up link
- Repeat Steps 1-3 you would take to edit the settings.
- Copy the URL you can find under Share Sign up tab.
What does the “Invalid API” message mean?
If you’re using IE or Safari, you may encounter an “Invalid API” error message when connecting your GetResponse account to Facebook. Please switch to Mozilla or Chrome.