How do I add contacts to a list after they complete a PayPal transaction?
You can use the PayPal Notification integration to expand your contact list. This integration allows customers to subscribe by completing a PayPal transaction. This includes making purchases with a Buy Now button. The integration works with buttons posted to your website, GetResponse messages, and landing pages.
PayPal offers a message service called Instant Payment Notification (IPN). It sends IPN messages to sellers about new transaction events. When someone purchases your product, PayPal sends an IPN message. Our integration uses IPN messages to add new contacts to one of your lists.
Clicking a Buy Now button is not the only way to add contacts to your lists. The integration will add new contacts when completing any of the following transactions:
- Receiving a payment for multiple items (via Express Checkout or PayPal Shopping Cart)
- Receiving a payment for a single item (via Express Checkout)
- Sending a payment (using Mass Pay)
- Receiving a monthly subscription payment for Website Payments Pro, Reference transactions, or Billing Agreement Payments
- Receiving a payment via Virtual Terminal
- Receiving a payment via either a Direct Credit Card (Pro) transaction or a Buy Now, Donation, or Smart Logo for eBay auctions button.
- Receiving a payment from the Send Money tab on the PayPal website)
- Receiving a payment for a subscription.
- A subscription has started.
Before you begin
- You need a PayPal account to use this integration.
- Create a Buy Now button on your website. For instructions on how to create a button, refer to the “How do I add a PayPal Buy Now button to a newsletter or landing page?” section of our PayPal integrations article.
- Note that new contacts are always added to the autoresponder cycle if you’ve set one up for a given list.
How do I set up the integration
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the settings icon at the top of your PayPal account page and then click Account Settings.
3. On the Notifications page, click the Update link for the Instant payment notifications item.
4. Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener’s URL and activate the listener.
5. Edit the IPN settings. You’re asked to provide a notification URL. You can locate yours in a few simple steps (don’t log out of PayPal yet):
a. Open a new tab or window in your browser, and go to your GetResponse account. From the Dashboard, select Menu > Integrations and click PayPal Notifications.
b. Select Generate list URL and choose the list you’d like your customers to subscribe to. Next, click on Generate.
c. You will see a notification URL. This URL is specific to the list you’ve selected (it includes your list ID), and it works only once.
d. Copy the notification URL.
6. Return to your PayPal account and paste the URL in the Notification URL line. Next, select Receive IPN messages.
7. Click Save. The Instant Payment Notification page opens. It displays your current IPN settings.
Note: Contacts will appear in your GetResponse list only once their payment status is “Completed.”
How do I stop the integration?
To disable the feature permanently for your list, return to your PayPal account. Navigate to the Cog icon >> My selling tools. Next, click the Update link for Instant payment notifications. Finally, select Turn Off IPN. This step is necessary to stop PayPal from creating IPN messages for this URL. It is also required if you’d like to use a link for a different list.
You should also disable the IPN from your GetResponse account. To stop receiving notifications, return to the Paypal Notifications integration page. Next, select Delete link and stop imports. A prompt box will appear. From here, select Yes, stop imports.