How to create and send an SMS?
From the Dashboard, go to Menu and select SMS. On the Text messages page, click the Create text message button to create your text message. You can now enter the details for it.
To create a text message:
- Go to Menu >> SMS.
- Click Create text message.
- Give your text message an internal name.
- Choose the list to link your message to.
- Add recipients by selecting the list(s) and the field used for the phone number.
- Select the sender name. This name will appear as the sender of your message.
- Enter the content of your message.
- Set the message scheduling settings and click on Send text message to send it.
What is the character limit for my messages?
A single message using ASCII characters (A-Z letters, punctuation and numbers) can have up to 160 characters. Messages using special characters including emoji and diacritics can have up to 70 characters. Longer messages are created automatically if the number of characters exceeds these limits. Longer messages can have up to 1530 characters and 670 characters if they use diacritics. Longer messages are sent as multiple SMS messages (up to 10 linked messages).
How do I use emoji in my messages?
To use emoji in your messages click on the emoji button that appears in the top right corner of the message editor.
Note: One emoji is counted as two characters in a message.
How do I use custom fields in messages?
To add custom field personalization in your message click on the custom field button that appears in the top right corner.
Note: Custom fields may increase the character count of your message which can cause higher charges.
How do I cancel an SMS send?
To cancel an SMS send go to Menu >> SMS then hover your mouse over the Actions menu icon (vertical ellipsis) to the right of your SMS and click on Stop sending.