Basic scoring plan
Basic scoring plan lets you identify your contacts based on the level of their engagement. It automatically adds or subtracts score for your contacts’ activity, such as email opens, clicks, or list signups. It continues to adjust their score based on your contacts’ actions.
This template assumes that you’re sending at least 1 newsletter or message per week. If you don’t send that frequently, you may:
- increase the wait time in the properties for the Message opened condition, or
- skip subtracting points by deleting the Score element that’s linked to the “if no” (red) connector.
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 4
Minimum number of elements to configure: 0
You can save the template using the preset properties. The published workflow will trigger the scoring plan for contacts subscribed to any of your lists using any of the methods and opening any of your newsletters.
In this template, this Message opened and Tag elements allow the contacts to go through it more than once. To learn more about this option, go to Can I run specific actions and conditions multiple times?
You’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- a scheduled message that will trigger the scoring system when people open it.
You can save the template using the preset properties. If you want to make any changes, click an element to open its Properties tab. Here’s what you can do:
- The Subscribed via condition is preset to any list and any method. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Use the drop-downs to narrow it down by list and method.
- The Message opened condition is preset to any newsletter. You can narrow it down to a specific message.
- In the Score actions, adjust the number of points you want to add or remove based on clicks or no clicks.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
- Using the Subscribed via condition means that this workflow works only for new contacts. You can use the Message opened condition as the starter element if you want to use this template for contacts already in your list.
- You can swap the Message opened condition for Link clicked or URL visited.
You can use the scores to trigger other workflows for your contacts. Once they’re scored a certain way, they’ll be added to another workflow that begins with a condition based on that score. Here are the possible workflows you can use it with: