Basic tagging plan
Basic tagging plan lets you identify your contacts based on the type of their engagement. It automatically assigns tags based on the type of offer your contacts respond to. This will help you segment your contact list based on the contacts’ interests and behavior, which means you can send them relevant offers in the future.
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 7
Minimum number of elements to configure: 4
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- 3 scheduled messages that will trigger the workflow when people click on the link to the offer
- tags (optional). You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan. Tags will let you distinguish between contacts interested and not interested in your offer.
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Click an element to open its Properties tab.
- For each of the Link clicked conditions, select the messages and links to your offers that you want to track. Note: Leave the time settings set to Never. This will ensure continuous adding of new leads and will even work for messages sent before you publish the workflow.
- For the Tag actions connected to the “if yes” (green) connector, select the tags that will be assigned to your contacts based on the offer they clicked.
- For the Tag action linked to the “if no” (red) connector, select a “placeholder” tag. It will never be assigned because the negative path in the Link clicked condition has been disabled. We need this placeholder tag to be able to connect all the elements and publish the workflow.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
If you have the Ecommerce Marketing plan, you can further edit your workflow:
- You can add more Link clicked conditions.
- You can swap the Link clicked condition for Message opened or URL visited.
You can use each of the tags at the end of Basic tagging plan to trigger:
- How does the Link clicked condition work?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?
- How do I make use of tags?