Welcome new contacts
The Welcome new contacts template lets you send a series of messages at a set pace. Use it when you want to:
- confirm a contact’s successful subscription and welcome them to your list,
- keep your contacts informed about your products and services. This helps get them interested in what they can expect from you.
- keep track which contacts have seen your main offer and are now ready to be introduced to more content.
Elements in template: 5
Minimum number of elements to configure: 3
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
– 2 automation messages or messages (or drafts) that can be used as automation messages,
– Tags (optional). They will help you identify your customers if you want to target them specifically or add them to another workflow. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow, but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
If an element is greyed out, it means that you need to set its properties. Clicking an element opens its Properties. The Wait element has been preset to the recommended delay time.
- The Subscribed via condition is preset to any list and any method. Optionally, you can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Under the Properties tab for the element, use the drop-downs to narrow it down by list and method.
- For each of the Send message actions, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use, e.g. a welcome message draft and a follow-up message with additional information about your offer.
- For the Tag action finishing the workflow, select the tag you want to assign to show that they’ve been welcomed. It will help you target them specifically or add them to another workflow.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
Welcome new contacts ends with a tag. You can begin other workflow templates with this tag to encourage your contacts to sign up for your online course or purchase your products: