How do I make use of tags?
Tagging allows you to label anyone in your contact database. Tags in GetResponse work the same way you might know from other services, like WordPress. You can assign any number of tags and use them to build personalized and relevant communication with contacts in your lists.
Tags can have many uses, here are some of the most important facts about tags that you can use in your account:
- You don’t need to follow any specific naming patterns. People usually assign tags based on predefined phrases, for example, engaged, active, responsive, customer, or prospect.
- Just enter up to 64 alphanumeric characters and don’t use spaces.
- You can assign an unlimited number of tags to each contact.
- You can search and segment tagged contacts to create targeted campaigns.
- In a marketing automation workflow, you can assign or remove tags based on customer actions.
- Tags help design marketing automation workflows, you can use them to trigger specific follow-up actions.
- Tags allow you to analyze individual customers and track their activity.
- You can clear tags at any stage of your marketing automation workflow and start the tagging over.
What values and limitations do tags have?
Tags may have 64 alphanumeric characters and no spaces. Underscores (“_”) can be used instead of spaces in the tag name.
Currently, there is no way to list all tags existing in the system. We realize this limits your flexibility in managing tags so we’re working hard on upgrading this feature. Stay tuned.
What is the difference between custom fields and tags?
The key differences between tags and custom fields are:
- Custom fields can have a value while a tag is a value in itself.
- Your contacts can at some stage view custom fields that have been assigned to them. A tag is always invisible to your contact.
Can I operate on tags only within the marketing automation workflow?
Tags are not marketing automation workflow specific. You can use tags to create segments, or as search criteria in the advanced search options. You can tag individual subscribers in Contact history or groups of contacts in your search contacts results.