What is order confirmation email and how to create it?
Order confirmation email is sent to your customers to notify them that you have received their order. It is a type of quick transactional emails triggered when someone makes a purchase. It contains a quick summary of the ordered products, filled in automatically.
Note: You can create only one confirmation email per store.
How can I create an order confirmation email?
To create an order confirmation message:
- Go to Ecommerce tools > Quick transactional emails.
- Connect GetResponse with Shopify, Magento or PrestaShop.
- Click on the Create quick transactional email button.
- A pop-up window will open. Select Order confirmation email and click on the Go to email creator button.
- Provide an internal name for your message, define the store, choose from and reply-to emails, type in the subject line and proceed to Design message page.
- On the Design and content page, choose a template to your liking.
- The design of the order confirmation box is customizable. You can:
- change layout and orientation
- adjust vertical and horizontal spacing
- decide if you want to display confirmation text and customize it
- decide if you want to display order number and customize it
- decide if you want to display purchase date and customize it
- adjust image alignment and padding
- customize product names
- customize price
- customize quantity
- decide if you want display order total and customize it.
- You can also add additional elements outside the order confirmation box:
- social media icons
- Click on the Next button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Save and activate button.
- Your message will be saved under Quick transactional emails tab.
How can I manage my order confirmation emails?
You can manage your order confirmation emails in Quick transactional emails tab, where you will see all types of quick transactional emails that you have created.
Under the name of your message, you will see:
- the store your message is linked to
- the type of your message.
In this tab, you can also check general statistics for your quick transactional emails:
- number of delivered messages
- open rate
- click rate.
The actions menu (vertical ellipsis) allows you to edit, preview, and delete your message, as well as send a test message.
Note: You will need to deactivate your email first by switching the Status toggle in order to edit it.