What are the Sales promotions templates used for?
There are a number of sales promotions you can run with the help of the Sales promotions templates. Run a sales promo for new contacts and encourage them to become your customers, see which offer converts the most, reward your customers with specials, or entice them with a new offer. You can customize these templates to include first time buyers, repeat customers, or new contacts you’d like to become your customers.
Converting contacts to customers
A good way to convert new contacts into paying customers is to send them a series of targeted messages. What (and how many) messages they receive is based on tracking whether or not the contacts visit your website. The Converting contacts to customers template is designed to:
- send a welcome email that includes a message about an offer they might be interested in
- check if your contact visits the website within 3 days and sends a follow-up message if they don’t
- tag contacts as converted to customers based on the website they visited (for tracking and segmenting purposes).
The Early-bird sale template is useful when you decide to entice your existing contacts to be the first one to buy your new offer. You can reward them for acting fast and generate sales before your actual big sale begins. This template lets you:
- select the special offer
- decide how many people should receive it
- automatically send the offer to everyone who qualifies
- automatically send a specific message to everyone who was interested but didn’t qualify
- assign separate tags to those who participated and qualified and those who participated but didn’t (this will help you decide what offers and content you could present to them in the future).
You can use the Upselling template to automatically send a message to customers 7 days after they purchase to encourage them to take part in a new offer. It’s useful when you have a group of customers whose interests and behavior (spending habits, participation in your specials or events) show they might be interested in your premium offer – for example, upgrades or add-ons. The template lets you:
- target the right group of customers when they are ready to see more of your offer
- ensure that everyone who received your message and made the purchase is tagged to help you distinguish them from your other groups of customers.