You can use the Upselling template to automatically send a message to customers 7 days after they purchase to encourage them to take part in a new offer. It’s useful when you have a group of customers whose interests and behavior (spending habits, participation in your specials or events) show they might be interested in your premium offer – for example, upgrades or add-ons. The template lets you:
- target the right group of customers when they are ready to see more of your offer
- ensure that everyone who received your message and made the purchase is tagged to help you distinguish them from your other groups of customers.
Category: Sales promotions
Elements in template: 6
Minimum number of elements to configure: 4
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- an automation message or a message (or draft) that can be used as automation messages,
- (optional) tags. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
All greyed out elements need to be configured. Click an element to open its Properties tab. Note The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. The Wait element is preset to our recommended settings but you can adjust them to fit your strategy). You can modify their settings to better suit your needs.
- For the If tag condition, select the tag starting the workflow. It can be applied to contacts in another workflow (e.g. Welcome new customers) or assigned by you. By default, this condition will work for the contacts who get the tag after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before the workflow is published, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
- For the Send message action, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use.
- For the Link clicked conditions, decide if you want to keep the default general settings or use the drop-downs to narrow down the condition to a specific message and link. In this case, it’s best to select a specific message and link to your product offer.
- Configure the Purchase element to track if your contacts completed the purchase. Click the element. This will display the Get Web Connect button. The next step depends on the integration method you use:
- for API, select API as the integration method. Then, use the drop-downs to specify the purchase you want to track.
- For the Tag action, select tags that will help you identify the contacts.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can use the tags at the end and beginning of workflows to trigger a series of workflows for your contacts. Once they are tagged, they’ll be added to another workflow that begins with a condition based on that tag. Here are the possible workflows you can use it with:
- How can I use the If tag condition in a workflow?
- Where can I assign tags or scores to contacts?
- How does a marketing automation message work?
- How does the Link clicked condition work?
- How do I set properties for the Purchase condition?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?
- How do I make use of tags?