The Post-purchase follow-up is a general template that lets you:
- thank customers for their purchase
- send a follow-up message after 10 days to, for example, let your customers know about your store specials,
- tag your customers based on their purchase, which you can use when setting up new communication strategies for them.
Elements in template: 5
Minimum number of elements to configure: 4
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- two automation messages or messages (or drafts) that can be used as automation messages, e.g. a thank-you message draft and a special offer message draft. You can also add product recommendations to messages used in this workflow.
- tags (optional). This will set them apart from your other contacts. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
If an element is greyed out, it means that you need to set its properties. Clicking on an element opens its Properties. The Wait element has been preset to the recommended delay.
- Configure the Purchase element to track if your contacts completed the purchase. To do this, click the element. This will display the Get Web Connect button. The next step depends on the integration method you use:
- for API, select API as the integration method. Then, use the drop-downs to specify the purchase you want to track.
- In the Tag action, select which tag to assign to your customers right after they complete their purchase. For example, you can tag them generally as “first-time buyers” or based on a product category they purchased from, e.g. “foundations”. (This will be helpful when you want to target your existing customers and add them to another workflow based on this tag.)
- For the Send message elements, use the drop-downs to select the messages you want to use.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
- How do I set properties for the Purchase condition?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?
- How does a marketing automation message work?