Basic email course
You can use the Basic email course template when you want to automatically deliver course lessons at a prescribed time interval. When you use this template, you will select the messages you want to send to your subscribers and the tags you want to start and finish the workflow with. The Wait elements have been preset with the recommended delay time. Note: You can always add more elements (or delete them), depending on your course length.
Category: Online courses
Elements in template: 7
Minimum number of elements to configure: 5
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. Click an element to open its Properties tab. The Wait elements have been preset with the recommended delay time.
1. For the If tag element, select which tag should trigger the workflow. Everyone who is tagged with it will be automatically added to this workflow and start receiving the course lessons. It can be applied in another workflow (e.g. Course promotion) or assigned by you. It should be descriptive, e.g. you can use a tag “advanced course-ready”.
By default, this condition will work for the contacts who get the tag after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before the workflow is published, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
2. For each of the Send message elements, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use.
3. For the Tag action finishing the workflow, select the tag you want to assign to show that they’ve completed the course. They will help you identify them if you want to target them specifically or add them to another workflow.
4. Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You add more Wait and Send message elements to the existing templates if you’re using more lessons in your online course. To do this, move the mouse pointer over the line connecting the last message and the Tag element. Click the “x” symbol to disconnect the elements. Drag-and-drop the additional elements and connect them to each other.
- Course promotion
Course promotion ends by tagging contacts who can start receiving course materials. Begin the Basic email course template with this tag to automatically add these contacts to your course.
- Advanced on-demand course
You can tag contacts at the end of Basic email course. If you use the same tag at the beginning of Advanced on-demand course, everyone who has it will start receiving more course content from you.
- Post-course retargeting
You can tag contacts at the end of Basic email course. If you use the same tag at the beginning of Post-course retargeting, everyone who has can receive your other course recommendations.