Automate CRM pipeline management
The template Automate CRM pipeline management lets you move CRM deals through pipeline stages based on their engagement with your offers. It helps you:
- build a workflow that’s triggered when your contacts are added as deals to a specific pipeline,
- move deals between stages in the pipeline based on the conditions you create,
- assign tags to identify contacts you need to reach out to in person because they don’t engage with your messages.
Category: Engagement and retention
Elements in template: 10
Minimum number of elements to configure: 8
CRM element available only in Plus and Professional accounts
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- automation messages or messages that can be used as automation messages,
- tags (optional). You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. Click an element to open its Properties tab.
1. For the Contacts added to pipeline condition, select the pipeline and then the stage you want to be the trigger. Keep the time properties set to Never. Optionally, you can enable the switch to Add contacts that already are in the pipeline when the workflow starts. Keep it switched off if you want only the contacts added to the pipeline after the workflow starts to enter this condition.
2. For the Send message element, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use.
3. The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. To track the message used in the Send message element, select Automation for message type, and then select the message and link to track (the selection will be limited to the messages used in the preceding elements in the workflow).
4. For the Move to stage action, use the drop-downs to select the pipeline the deals are in and the stage you want to move them to after they’ve clicked the link.
5. For the Send message element, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use – for example, a message with product recommendations.
6. Configure the URL visited element to track if your contacts visited your product site:
a. Click the element. This will open the Copy JavaScrip Code popup.
b. Click Copy code to copy the snippet to the clipboard and close the window. (At this point it’s best to save it to a temporary document in case you copy something else to the clipboard).
c. Under Properties, enter the URL of the product site you want to track. Use a wildcard if you want to track all visits anywhere on your site. To learn more about configuring the element and using wildcards, go to How do I set properties for the URL visited condition?
Note: Once you’re done configuring the template, you’ll need to copy the snippet to your website’s management system or insert it directly into the HTML source code.
7. For the Move to stage action, use the drop-downs to select the pipeline the deals are in and the stage you want to move them to after they’ve visited the URL you specified in the condition above.
8. For the Tag actions linked to the negative (red) connectors of Link clicked and URL visited, select the tags to assign to the contacts who need to be reached out to in some other way.
9. Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can adapt this template to suit your sales and marketing needs. For example, you can:
- add more conditions and Move to stage actions depending on the number of stages in your pipeline,
- swap the conditions used in the workflow for others—for example, Purchase (this condition has only the positive path), If tag, or If score,
- skip using tags, or assign score instead of tags.
This template can be combined with the Add contacts to CRM pipeline template.