How can I blacklist emails and domains from my lists or account?
In your GetResponse account, you can blacklist a specific email address or domain by creating a blacklist rule on the List hygiene page. When you blacklist contacts, you prevent them from adding to your existing and future lists. This option is useful if you’d like to stop contacts from resubscribing to your list. Note: If you blacklist contacts already subscribed to your list, you’ll stop them from receiving any of your messages.
How do I create a blacklist rule?
- Go to Contacts>>List hygiene.
- Click Blacklist. Your blacklisting options become available:
- Select Global blacklist for my account to keep people from adding to your current and future lists.
- Select Blacklist from specific lists to blacklist people from adding to lists you have now. Expand the drop-down list to choose a specific list or lists, then click Apply.
- In the field below, type in the addresses or domains to be blacklisted. For domains, don’t forget to include “@”. Hit Enter to separate entries.
- Click the Blacklist button.
Once you’ve successfully blacklisted the contacts, you automatically return to the List hygiene page. From there, you can review and delete your blacklist rules.
How do I blacklist all email addresses from a given domain?
Use a domain name (instead of specific email addresses) when creating a blacklist rule. for instance, if you enter @example.com, all email addresses from this domain will be blacklisted. Note: Don’t forget to add “@” for the domain.
How can I review and delete blacklist rules?
The Blacklisted from column shows where a given address or domain is blacklisted from. If it’s blacklisted from more than one list, a number appears next to the list name.
Move your mouse pointer to highlight a row and click on it to see all the contact lists from which you’ve blacklisted the email or domain.
To delete the rules list by list, click Delete to take the email or domain off the blacklist for a specific contact list.
To delete rules in bulk, you can:
- Select specific rules on the list, then click Delete selected rules and confirm you’d like to delete them.
- Select the box above the rules list to select all the rules you’ve created. Next, click Delete selected rules and confirm you’d like to delete them.