How to set up GetResponse Chats?
To access chats:
- Go to Menu and select Chats.
- When you first open the Chats page, we’ll show you an onboarding explaining the main features. Click Let’s go to proceed with the onboarding. Click Skip the tour to access the settings.
If you want to set up chats after the onboarding:
- Go to Menu and select Chats.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on each tab to customize a given setting.
Chat availability allows you to decide when you want to present the chat option to users.
You can choose from one of the options:
- Always available – the chat feature is always enabled and your contacts can message you anytime.
- Away – contacts receive an auto reply message after they send their first message in the chat. You can customize the message in the Auto reply message section of the settings.
- During specific hours – set up specific times when you will be available for chatting. You can add different days and hours to create a schedule of the chats availability. When you’re offline, people will get the auto reply message as if the chats were set to Away. The hours are set according to your account timezone.
- Disabled – turns off the chat feature from all pages.
Once you customize your chat availability, click Save settings.
When you disable chats, the chat button will disappear from the landing pages it was previously enabled on. We’ll display a notification on the hosted chat page that the chats have been disabled. You can set up a message that will display on the chat page when the chats aren’t available.
Chat window appearance
Chat window appearance lets you customize your welcome message and set the look of the chat window.
To customize chat window appearance:
- Change the Welcome title. Invite people to chat with you. Use 20 characters or less.
- Set the Welcome message. Add extra information to your welcome. Use 60 characters or less.
- Set the Main chat color.
- Set the Text color.
- Add your Logo (avatar). Show people who they’re talking to. Add your photo or a company logo.
- Select the Chat button. We’ll display the button on each landing page that has GetResponse Chats enabled.
- Choose if you want to Display welcome title on button. It helps you prompt your visitors to start a chat.
Once ready, click Save settings.
You can set up your auto reply message when you’re away from chats or outside of your working schedule.
To set the auto reply message:
- Provide your Away message. Use up to 100 characters.
- (Optional) Switch the auto-reply message to be displayed if you don’t reply after a specified time. For example, if you don’t reply to the first message after 2 minutes, even though the chats are enabled, we will post the auto-reply after this time.
Click Save settings to continue.
Visitor capture form
Visitor capture form lets you ask chat visitors for their contact information to follow up with them later. You can collect the contact’s email address (required), phone number (optional), and name (optional).
To set up visitor capture form:
- Select when your capture form should be sent.
- Always – visitor capture form is sent automatically after someone’s first message on chat.
- Only in Away mode – visitor capture form will appear after the auto-reply message when your chats are set to Away or outside your schedule. When your chats are set to Away mode or outside your schedule, we will first send your auto-reply message and then the visitor capture form.
- Never – the capture form is never sent automatically.
- In the Message field, provide the message you want to appear above the capture form.
- In the Thank-you message field, type in the message you want to display after the contact has filled out the capture form.
- (Optional) check if you want to make the Name and Phone number fields required.
Once you’re ready, click Save settings.
The capture form is optional. It’s not necessary to fill out the form to continue the chat. Contact’s data will be stored on the Chats manage page. You will also be able to add visitors who submit a capture form to one of your lists.
You can manually send the capture form during the chat. Click the visitor capture form icon in the chat window to send it:
Once someone fills out the capture form, the option to send it will disappear. You’ll see the contact’s details under the Contact info section and in the chat window.
Install code on site
You can also add the chat window to your own website. See how to install the GetResponse Chats code on your site.
You can enable notifications to avoid missing a chat.
- Click Enable notifications to start receiving them in your browser. Notifications are enabled for each browser separately. If you want to receive them on a different device or browser, make sure to go to settings again and enable them.
- Confirm in your browser that you allow showing notifications.
- Select if you want to be notified when there’s a chat message.
- Select if you want to be notified when there’s a new chat request.
You also have the option to download the chat app to your mobile phone (Android or iOS).
Click Save settings to finish the setup.