Consent-based purchase confirmation
You can send custom post-purchase messages to your customers on their consent status with the template Consent-based purchase confirmation. Use this template to create a workflow that:
- is triggered when a customer makes a purchase,
- filters customers by geolocation to identify EU-based customers,
- filters customers by their consent status to separate the customers who’ve given consent from those who haven’t.
Elements in template: 5
Minimum number of elements to configure: 5
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- 2 automation messages or messages that can be converted to automation messages,
- a Consent field that can be used in the Consent status filter,
- Optionally, you can create a segment based on geolocation to later use in the Dynamic segment filter. This allows you to create a segment with more than 8 country-based conditions.
Configuring the template
If an element is greyed out, it means that you need to set its properties. Clicking an element opens its Properties.
- Configure the Purchase element to track if your contacts completed the purchase. To do this, click the element. This will open the Copy JavaScrip Code popup. The next step depends on the integration method you use:
- for API, close the popup and select API as the integration method. Then, use the drop-downs to specify the purchase you want to track.
- To set up the Dynamic segment filter, you can do one of the following:
- use an existing segment,
- create a new segment based on geolocation (up to 8 conditions in the segment)
- For the Consent status filter, select a Consent field. Contacts who’ve given consent to it will go down the positive (green) part. Those who haven’t will go down the negative (red) path.
- Set up the Send message action. Expand the drop-down lists to select the messages you want to use.
- select a message to send to customers who’ve given consent required by GDPR. Customers who are not from the EU can also receive this message.
- select a message to send to customers for whom you have no proof of consent.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).