Can I forward subscriber data to a custom thank-you page?
It’s possible to set up your sign-up form to forward subscriber data. You can use this option to customize subpages or thank-you pages with the information your contact entered into the form, such as their name, age, gender, etc. You can also use it to forward such data into your backend for other uses, by configuring your website accordingly.
To use this option, you will need:
To enable the data forwarding option:
1. Open your form (under Forms & Surveys).
2. Click the Settings icon.
3. In the settings window, select that you’d like to redirect the subscriber to a custom thank-you page and paste your page URL.
4. Below, under the Forwarding settings section, choose GET or POST (depending on your web site settings).
- The GET option will display the forwarded data in the thank-you page URL.
- The POST option won’t display the data in the thank-you page URL, but it will still forward it to your backend. To view and use the data, open your website editing software.
5. Exit the settings window and click Save & Publish to get to the next step.
6. Choose “I will install the form myself”.
7. Copy the code you see there, paste it into the code editor software for your custom website and search for the element using the names of custom fields you have included.
If you’re using any hidden tracking custom fields, you can forward data from those as well.
How will I know the data was forwarded?
With the GET option, the data from the form will show up in the thank-you page URL.
Here is an example (with the hidden custom field “click_id”):
<FORM> and place any inputs you like inside it, for example:
<input type=”hidden” name=”custom_click_id” id=”custom_click_id” value=”YOUR_VALUE_HERE“></input>
As a result, when a subscriber submits the web form, they will be taken to:
With the POST option, the data will be available in your website’s backend.
Both the POST and GET options let you use the data in the contents of the thank-you page, depending on your website configurations.
Note: hidden custom fields you set in the form creator will not be visible in HTML by default, so adding the code manually will be necessary if you want to forward hidden customs.
This option is also available for webinars, where you can forward data to the thank-you page that appears when you end your webinar. It will appear in the webinar settings if you select the custom thank-you page.