Can I forward subscriber data to a custom thank-you page after webinar?
What is data forwarding?
Data forwarding is redirectling data entered in the form to another website. You can use this option to customize subpages or thank-you pages with the information your contact entered into the sign up form, such as their name, age, gender, etc., or name and email entered into the webinar form.
This option is also available for legacy forms, where you can forward data to the thank-you page that appears when you end your webinar. It will appear in the webinar settings if you select the custom thank-you page.
You can also use it to forward such data into your backend for other uses, by configuring your website accordingly.
This option is for advanced users, and you need to have HTML knowledge to use it. Setting this up incorrectly may result in a 404 error on your thank-you page.
How does data forwarding work?
Depending on the selected forwarding method you can display the forwarded data on the thank-you page or not.
- The GET option will display the forwarded data on the thank-you page.
- The POST option won’t display the data on the thank-you page, but it will still forward it to your backend. To view and use the data, open your website editing software.
You can set up data forwarding in GetResponse’s legacy forms, html forms and webinars when selecting external thank-you page.
How to set up data forwarding in webinars?
To enable the data forwarding option:
- Click on the webinar name (under Webinars).
- Click Add details in the Basic settings section.
- Under the Thank-you page to show on exit select Page hosted elsewhere and paste your page URL.
- Below, under the Forward contact data, choose GET or POST (depending on your web site settings).
- Exit the settings window and click Save this step and Save down below.
How will I know the data was forwarded?
With the GET option, the data from the form will show up in the thank-you page URL.
With the POST option, the data will be available in your website’s backend.
Both the POST and GET options let you use the data in the contents of the thank-you page, depending on your website configurations.