- You need administrative rights to be able to access your page source code.
- Make sure to insert the snippet into each page where you’d like to track visitors.
- Add the snippet directly into the HTML source code. If you’re using a site engine, insert the code into your website’s management system.
- (Optional) Use the gaSetUserId method to properly identify your visitors who haven’t come to your website via a GetResponse message link. It requires passing on a user email as a parameter to GetResponse.
1. Go to Automation>>Create workflow and select a condition to start building a workflow.
2. Drag and drop the ecommerce element you want to use into the workspace.
4. Click COPY CODE.
The snippet is copied to the clipboard. Now you need to you add the snippet to your website’s management system or insert it directly into the HTML source code.
Note: Our snippet needs to be the last element in the thesection. Don’t put any tags between the closing tag of our snippet and the closing tag.
When do I need to use the “gaSetUserId” method?
The gaSetUserId method is a way to properly identify your visitors who haven’t come to your website via a GetResponse message link. It requires a visitor email to be passed on to GetResponse as a parameter.
If your visitors come from other websites where they leave their email address—for example, form submission pages, newsletter sign-ups, registrations, logins, purchase page details, etc.— you need to:
For example, for PHP-generated pages add
3. Make sure that appropriate forms pass the user’s email address in the $userEmail parameter (for PHP-generated pages). This means that you need to write additional lines of code that pass a customer email address as a $userEmail parameter. Note: This step requires advanced coding skills. Consider sending the code to your webmaster.
We’ll be adding more coding examples, so stay tuned.
Can I send the code to my website developer?
2. In the bottom left corner, click the Send the code to your developer link to open a form.
3. Use a drop-down list to select your email address. Then, enter your designer’s email and an optional message. If you change your mind, or you’d like to return to the code, click I’ll paste the code myself.
4. Click Send message.