How to track my website with Google Analytics?
You can track and collect metrics based on your website the same way you monitor your e-commerce store. If you already have a Google Analytics account, just enter the tracking code in a new or existing website.
We send PageViews data for every visited page of your website. After each subscription we send the following event to Google Analytics:
- Category: Lead
- Action: Registered
- Value: your website title
(PRO TIP) Based on this event you can set goals in Google Analytics and measure the conversion rate for every source of traffic. Learn how to create goals in Google Analytics.
The GetResponse integration for Google Analytics is free for all users.
How do I integrate GetResponse Website with Google Analytics?
Before you begin
You will need an active Google Analytics account.
If you haven’t set up Google Analytic yet, go to https://analytics.google.com and follow the Google instructions.
- Log into your Google Analytics account and click the Admin link.
- Select your project from the list in the Account section.
- In the Property panel, expand the drop-down list and select a property you want to track.
- Expand Tracking Info and click Tracking Code.
- Copy your tracking ID. You’ll need it in the following steps.
How do I include the tracking code in my website?
To add the Google Analytics tracking code to your website:
- Log into your GetResponse account and create a new page or chose an existing one.
Learn more about creating a website here.
- Go to Menu > Website builder > Click on the Actions icon (vertical ellipsis) > Edit site settings > Analytics and integrations section
- Select Google Analytics from the list and enter your Google Analytics ID using the format: UA-12345678-9.
- Click on the Save settings button.
You’re all set to enjoy full access to detailed data about your landing page. Use the insights you collect in Google Analytics to increase your conversions.
Why should I use Google Analytics?
With Google Analytics, you can track your visitors and collect lots of valuable information about them. For example:
- You can get to know your users’ interests, language, and locations.
- You can find out what kinds of devices and operating systems they use to access your website.
One of the keys to successful remarketing is to use data collected with Google Analytics. Based on the information you collect and analyze, you can display specific, relevant ads about your products.
Learn how to set up remarketing lists using Google Analytics: