How to sync my ads audience with GetResponse?
What are ad audiences for?
To manage who sees your ads, you can create an ad audience based on your contact lists or segments and export it to your Google Ads account. You’ll be able to include or exclude it when you create a Google Ad.
To create an audience, you need to integrate your GetResponse and Google Ads accounts first.
More information about ad audiences in Google Ads can be found in Google Ads help.
How to create an ad audience in GetResponse?
- Go to Ad audiences in Paid Ads.
Go to Contacts > hover the mouse pointer over the Actions icon on the right (vertical elipsis) > click Create ad audience.
Note: when creating ad audience from Contacts, skip steps 2 and 5.
- Click on Create ad audience button.
- If you have multiple accounts linked, select the Google Ads account you want to create ad audience in.
- Enter Audience segment name which is only visible to you and helps you to identify it when you have multiple audiences.
- In Who do you want to include? box select the list or segment with 1000 contacts or more. Those contacts will be exported to your Audience manager in the linked Google Ad account.
- Select Export type:
- One-time – for a one time action, where future contacts won’t be automatically added.
- Recurring – for an automated export every 24 hours, to have most accurate data.
- Click Create button.
How do recurring exports work?
- Every change in GetResponse – added, removed, or unsubscribed contact – will be reflected in Google.
- Synchronization takes place every 24 hours, at the time when the synchronization was created and updates your data with changes made since the last synchronization.
- You can synchronize any list or segment of users with at least 1000 contacts.
What are the benefits of recurring exports?
Your data in Google Ads will be up to date, so when selecting Recurring export your campaigns will perform better due to better targeting.
1. Create a segment of active contacts – users that have opened your messages in the last 30 days.
2. Sync the segment with Google Ads.
3. Create an ad campaign to engage/re-engage people.
3. Exclude the segment of active contacts (people that do open the messages) from your Google Ads to save money and reach only those people you actually want to reach.
You can also do that with people who recently visited your website or who made a purchase in the last selected number of days.