How can I block emails and domains from my lists or account?
In your GetResponse account, you can block a specific email address or domain by creating a blocklist rule on the List hygiene page. When you block contacts, you prevent them from adding to your existing and future lists. This option is useful if you’d like to stop contacts from resubscribing to your list.
Note: If you block contacts already subscribed to your list, you’ll stop them from receiving any of your messages.
How do I create a blocklist rule?
- Go to Contacts>>List hygiene.
- Click Block. Your blocking options become available:
- Select Global blocklist for my account to keep people from adding to your current and future lists.
- Select Block from specific lists to block people from adding to lists you have now. Expand the drop-down list to choose a specific list or lists, then click Apply.
- In the field below, type in the addresses or domains to be blocklisted. For domains, don’t forget to include “@”. Hit Enter to separate entries.
- Click the Block button.
Once you’ve successfully blocked the contacts, you automatically return to the List hygiene page. From there, you can review and delete your blocklist rules.
How do I block all email addresses from a given domain?
Use a domain name (instead of specific email addresses) when creating a blocklist rule. For instance, if you enter @example.com, all email addresses from this domain will be blocked. Note: Don’t forget to add “@” for the domain.
How can I review and delete blocklist rules?
The Blocked from column shows where a given address or domain is blocked from. If it’s blocked from more than one list, a number appears next to the list name.
Move your mouse pointer to highlight a row and click on it to see all the contact lists from which you’ve blocked the email or domain.
To delete the rules list by list, mouse over the Action menu and select Delete rule to take the email or domain off the blocklist for a specific contact list.
To delete rules in bulk, you can:
- Select specific rules on the list, then click Delete selected rules and confirm you’d like to delete them.
- Select the box above the rules list to select all the rules you’ve created. Next, click Delete selected rules and confirm you’d like to delete them.
Formerly, blocklist was known as blacklist.