How can I assign my own domain to my website?
If you own a domain, you can easily assign it to your GetResponse website.
To assign your domain, go to Menu > Website builder. In the website overview, click on the Connect a domain you own link.
How can I assign a domain I’ve already added to GetResponse?
- If you have domains already added to your GetResponse account, you will be able to select an unassigned one from the list. You will be able to see which are already assigned to other sites.
Click on the arrow in the Which domain would you like to use? field.
- Select any domain labelled as (Domain available).
- Click on the Publish button.
How can I add a new domain?
- Click on the Add a domain link.
- Type your domain and click on the Add button.
- Copy the nameservers shown in the pop-up and update them in your domain hosting panel.
Nameserver values are dynamic and generated individually for each domain. Be sure to copy the exact ones shown after adding your domain.
How do I change DNS settings in my GoDaddy account?
Follow these steps to update your domain at GoDaddy to point to our nameservers:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click the Manage button to access your domains.
The next steps depend on the view of your account.
For an account in Card View:
- Select the domain you want to update the nameservers for. Open the settings menu (the gear icon). Next, select Manage DNS.
- Click Change under Nameservers.
- Select Custom under Choose your new nameserver type. Enter all four GetResponse nameserver values.
- Click on the Save button.
For an account in List View:
- Select the domain names you want to change.
- Select Set Nameservers from the Nameservers menu.
- Select Custom under Select type.
- Click Enter custom nameservers.
- Enter all four GetResponse nameserver values.
- Click OK.
See GoDaddy’s support resources for detailed information about managing your DNS.
How do I change DNS settings in my HostGator account?
Follow these steps to update your domain at HostGator to point to our nameservers:
- Go to http://register.hostgator.com, and click the Manage Domains tab.
- Log in with your billing email and password to access the domains in that account. After you’ve logged in, you can see the domains attached to your account.
- Click the domain name you want to update. The Domain Overview window opens. It shows the details about the domain you’ve selected, and provides access to other functions.
- Click the Name Servers tab from the left-hand menu.
- On the Name Servers page, edit the nameservers you want the domain to point to adding all four GetResponse nameserver values.
- Click Save Name Servers to save the changes.
See HostGator’s support resources for detailed information about changing your DNS.
How long does it take for the changes to the DNS settings to take effect?
It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be propagated across the internet (in other words, for the nameservers and cache records to be updated).
If you try to use an unverified domain when creating a landing page, you’ll see a notification that lets you know that we’re checking the records. You don’t need to take any action. Just give it up to 24 hours for the process to conclude.
We’ll also let you know if we’re still not able to verify your domain after 48 hours. If you try to use an unverified domain, you’ll see a notification that tells you we couldn’t verify it.
This means the domain you’d like to assign doesn’t show anywhere in the DNS records. When you see it, you need to double-check your DNS settings.