Without any doubt, ClickFunnels is a great tool, but let’s face it – it’s not the right fit for everyone. The fact that you landed on this article means that you’re looking for something better – some ClickFunnels alternative tailored to your needs.
Most businesses either:
- Don’t have the budget for Clickfunnels.
- Need the solutions and features that Clickfunnels doesn’t support.
To save you the time you’d spend searching for the best ClickFunnels alternative, we did the hard work and used 5 different ClickFunnels alternatives for over 5 weeks.
We tried, tested, and researched:
We tried to create a website and set up automated workflows using each of those platforms. For a better comparison, we even went a step further and evaluated each of these ClickFunnels alternatives with a score from 1 to 5 by the following criteria:
- Ease-of-use (how easy it is to use the software and onboard)
- Unique features (whether a platform offers something no other tool does)
- Customer Support (their speed and efficiency)
- Ability to make a perfect sales funnel
If you’re in a rush and don’t have time to read our comprehensive feedback on all tools, feel free to check our in-depth comparison of the best ClickFunnels alternatives:
So without any delay, let’s dive into the review of ClickFunnels and its 5 best alternatives.
Table Of Contents
- But first, let’s talk about ClickFunnels…
- GetResponse – all-in-one sales and marketing solution
- Unbounce – enterprise ClickFunnels alternative for quick landing page building
- Leadpages — simple landing page builder
- Instapage – an intuitive page builder with excellent customization features
- Webflow – no-code ClickFunnels alternative for making entire websites
- Final comparison of the 5 best ClickFunnels alternatives
- What’s the best ClickFunnels alternative for you?
But first, let’s talk about ClickFunnels…
Before we review each of the alternatives, let’s talk about ClickFunnels a little bit. Let’s see what it is and what its advantages and shortcomings are.
Understanding ClickFunnels will help us to better judge and compare other alternatives – no worries, we’ll go over this part quickly.
As we stated, ClickFunnels is a fantastic tool. Its primary focus is on creating excellent sales funnels. And they’re doing a great job with that. But once you get some sales and grow your business a little bit, the toolkit offered by ClickFunnels just isn’t enough (but more on that later).
On the other hand, what are the things ClickFunnels is great for?
- Frictionless sign-up process – ClickFunnels has a particularly frictionless sign-up form. ClickFunnels gets you started in seconds.
- Landing page templates — You have access to a lot of great landing page templates.
- Optimised for getting you more sales — The entire ClickFunnels experience is optimised towards one thing – making landing pages that will convert (assuming you do the copywriting properly, of course.)
There’s also one thing about ClickFunnels that can both be advantage and disadvantage. Its community. Although you can find many supportive people inside, there are also a lot of affiliate folks who are just trying to resell ClickFunnels’ services, so they will always lead you toward spending more.
Unfortunately, ClickFunnels lacks some essential features.
You start to realise its limitations once you begin striving to reach more ambitious goals and experience more significant challenges.
Here are the most disheartening aspects of using ClickFunnels:
- They require credit card information before signing up. The trial also lasts only 14 days, which is not enough to build your website and get sales.
- There’s a big learning curve which might be confusing for beginners.
- It lacks website customization — with ClickFunnels, you have only 35 elements to choose from when building your website. Not to mention that it doesn’t offer many customization options. For example, if you want to use a bullet list, you can choose from only 7 bullet list icons:
What if you want to use a different icon, in different colours? Hence, you’re pretty limited when it comes to what your landing page can look like.
- Bad pop-up customization – ClickFunnels supports only three different options for triggering your pop-ups: on delay; on-page show and on-page scroll. But what about exit-intent pop-ups? Also, customizing your pop-ups is just as limited as designing your landing pages.
- Customer support isn’t the best one out there – ClickFunnels doesn’t offer live chat support. What’s more, when we sent a ticket, we got the answer after 15 hours (although they promise 24/7 customer support). Not bad, but not great either.
- The lack of essential features – ClickFunnels supports only the basic features (landing page builder, pop-ups, and follow-up funnels). But it lacks other necessary components, such as a chatbot, email sending, transactional emails and autoresponders, different analytics and advanced automation workflows.
- Language support – the platform’s available only in English and their website uses Google Translate to provide translated versions of their help documents. It’s not ideal if English isn’t your native language and you’d like to use the dashboard in your own language.
- It’s expensive – ClickFunnels’s pricing starts at $97/mo for the most basic options. If you want to create anything more serious, you will need to pay $297/mo. But if you want to develop advanced automation workflows and make a killer sales machine, you’ll need to invest at least $300+/mo for 3rd party apps that support these features.
So if you want to create a decent-looking website that works like an automated, well-oiled sales machine, you’ll need to invest over $597/mo.
Pretty expensive, right?
As mentioned, for the best comparison and understanding, we evaluated each of the ClickFunnels’ alternatives with a score of 1 to 5 for different criteria.
Here’s the ClickFunnels’ evaluation:
Now let’s look into some of the best ClickFunnels alternatives.
GetResponse – all-in-one sales and marketing solution
The first ClickFunnels alternative we’re going to review is GetResponse. Yeah, we know. You’re probably thinking: But that’s your own tool, of course, you’ll brag about it!
The truth is, GetResponse is our own tool. But we’ll give you a 100% unbiased and objective review here. We have some flaws as well.
So, why do we think GetResponse is an excellent ClickFunnels alternative?
GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing solution that allows you to create frictionless and automated marketing, sales, and lead magnet funnels for those of you who don’t know. It’s excellent for SMBs, Enterprises, or people selling digital products, such as books or courses.
We think GetResponse is a fantastic ClickFunnels alternative because it can offer you the same things as ClickFunnels, but with many additional features, for a more cost-effective price.
So let’s breakdown GetResponse’s features and advantages.
Since GetResponse is the all-in-one marketing solution, it offers you the features no other ClickFunnels alternative does, and those are:
- Email Marketing
- Email Creator
- Email Analytics
- List Management
- Transactional Emails
Landing Page Builder – allows you to create eye-catching landing pages in minutes. Just drag and drop elements—no need to mess with custom CSS, margins, or padding.
- Advanced Marketing Automation
- Web Push Notifications for increasing your sales and getting more leads
- Webinars – you can host and market your webinars.
- Paid Ads Management – allows you to manage your paid ads easily and integrate them into your sales funnel
- Chats – lets you start 1 to 1 conversations with your audience right from your website, email, or landing page. Plus you can chat with your audience on the go, using a dedicated chats app.
- Conversion Funnels – this is the most advanced feature of GetResponse. It allows you to create your sales funnels (Or choose from 30+ already-made templates). Besides, you also get a 100% support along the way (paid ads creator to bring traffic, landing page builder, signup forms to capture leads, email marketing solution to nurture your leads, abandoned cart email or upsells, and everything else that’s needed for converting a prospect into a customer).
Besides being rich in features, what are the other advantages of GetResponse over ClickFunnels and other alternatives?
- Free plan – GetResponse offers a free-forever plan, without asking for your credit card information. During the first 30 days you also get access to premium features and have enough time to test the product and get some sales (we even had some customers who managed to sell products worth a couple of thousands in the first 30 days).
- It’s template-rich – GetResponse has a big database of templates for entire sales funnels, dedicated landing pages, email automation, social media ads, and other things. You can have a fully functional website with marketing automation in less than 1 hour.
- Rapid customer support – When we sent a customer support ticket (without them knowing it’s us), they provided us with the answer in less than a minute. Plus, the awesome support team is available 24/7.
- Language support – The platform’s fully localized into 8 languages, so even if English isn’t your native language you’ll find the dashboard intuitive.
- Cost-effective pricing – With GetResponse, you will pay $15 to $49/mo (for 1000 leads), for the same things you’d pay $597 with ClickFunnels and the necessary 3rd party apps.
Like every other tool, GetResponse has some shortcomings as well:
- Price based on the list size – Unlike other ClickFunnels’ alternatives, GetResponse doesn’t have a fixed pricing. Although it’s pretty cost-effective compared to other options, its prices grow as your newsletter list grows. Even if you have the same contacts in multiple lists, it’s counted as several individual contacts.
- GetResponse has fewer funnel types than ClickFunnels – GetResponse doesn’t support membership or affiliate funnels.
As mentioned, GetResponse is pretty cost-effective compared to all other ClickFunnels’ alternatives. Besides it’s free plan that offers essential features, a website with a custom domain and unlimited newsletters, you can start using paid GetResponse plans for just over $15/mo for a list of up to 1000 emails. This plan already has more features and functionalities than any of the ClickFunnels’ plans.
If you want something a little bit advanced, then a plan of $49/mo would be a perfect fit for you.
GetResponse’s overview as a ClickFunnels alternative
As we could see, GetResponse is perfect for SMBs who are looking for an all-in-one marketing and sales funnel solution for their business. Instead of paying $500+/mo for ClickFunnels and other 3rd party apps, you can get even better functionalities with GetResponse for a more cost-effective price of $15, $49 or $99/mo, not to mention that you can create a free-forever account if it suits your business.
So, if you’re looking for the all-in-one solution that offers you more possibilities than ClickFunnels, then GetResponse is the right tool for you.
Unbounce – enterprise ClickFunnels alternative for quick landing page building
Unbounce is another ClickFunnels alternative for building great landing pages. When we break it down, it essentially has three core features:
- Landing page builder
- Popups and forms
- Smart traffic
So let’s dive deep into Unbounce.
Here are a couple of things we personally really liked about Unbounce:
- Easy landing page building – it’s so simple to build landing pages with Unbounce, that you can ship them in minutes.
- The smart traffic feature – this is a unique feature that only Unbounce offers. It allows you to build multiple versions of the same landing page, and their AI will send traffic to different versions of it according to the customers’ interests and behaviours. It’s great for maximising your conversion rates.
- Terrific pop-up triggering – with Unbounce, you can trigger your pop-ups not just by the user’s intent, but also by their demographic data.
Unbounce does a pretty great job in building your landing pages and getting conversions, but it lacks certain things.
- Landing page customization options are limited – although building landing pages is quick and easy, it still lacks some customization options. Of course, it isn’t as basic as ClickFunnels, but you still don’t have full freedom. For example, Unbounce has only 9 default fonts you can use. Also, it doesn’t have a lot of web elements you can use. If you want bullet lists, tabs, tables, and other things, you will need to make them manually using a drag-and-drop builder.
- There’s no live chat support – although the customer support reps answer within 3-4 hours (which is pretty decent), there’s no way to get quick help through live chat.
- Lack of features – both ClickFunnels and Unbounce have these issues. Their narrow features sometimes don’t satisfy the basic needs – such as email list management. If you get someone to download your lead magnet, how will you proceed to sell if you don’t have the option to create email campaigns? If you decide to use Unbounce, the only solution is to use 3rd party apps for that – or to find some all-in-one solution.
Besides Unbounce’s 14-day trial (that does require a credit card), its pricing plans start at $80/mo. This plan allows you only 500 conversions. More advanced plans cost $120, $200 and $300/mo.
But as for ClickFunnels, expect to spend more money if you want to build your newsletter, send email campaigns, autoresponders, and have automated marketing workflows.
Unbounce’s overview as a ClickFunnels alternative
Unbounce is useful if you need a solution that will enable you to quickly build and test different landing page templates, without wasting your development resources. One thing that makes it better than ClickFunnels is its’ smart traffic feature that uses multiple variations of the same landing page and shows it to different audiences.
On the other hand, it still lacks many essential features every serious sales and marketing funnel needs to have, such as the email creator or autoresponders.
Unbounce is the best for the bigger companies who want to build and test different landing pages quickly.
Leadpages — simple landing page builder
Leadpages is another code-free website & landing page builder that helps you get more leads and email subscribers with ease.
They also offer a variety of features like:
- Alert bars
- Opt-in messages
Leadpages offers quite a few high-converting templates highly recommended for non-designers that just want to get started as soon as possible.
But let’s discuss everything in further detail:
- Incredibly easy to build landing pages — if you aren’t very familiar with page builders, using one of their templates allows you to create a page in minutes.
- A large number of templates — We like that they allow customers to filter templates by use case or just choose between the highest converting ones.
- Many customization abilities within their page builder
- Simple automation features
- Great for quick A/B testing forSMBs
- It’s affordable
- Unlimited traffic as opposed to Unbounce, which restricts your website to 500,000 users per month and if you want to expand from there, you’ll have to go for their enterprise package.
- Standard builder (templates) lack customization.
- A slower learning curve for making changes to the layout
- Limited form customization
- Templates are not as good as those offered by other alternatives, but this wouldn’t matter as much if they allowed for more customization instead of having to use their builder, which is not always preferable for beginners. However, in the last few years, they’ve improved – so we’ll see how they grow from here.
- No enterprise packages — mainly because they target SMBs, their enterprises are not their target audience.
- Limited A/B testing for companies that want to push it a bit harder.
Leadpages aims to provide a cheaper alternative to SMBs than other competitors on the list.
Their pricing options make Leadpages a worthy alternative to ClickFunnels.
Leadpages’s overview as a ClickFunnels alternative
If you’re looking for an affordable alternative with all the essential features of ClickFunnels, you’re in good hands. But if you’re looking for a solution that offers more possibilities, then Leadpages isn’t the right fit for you.
While their software is not aimed at enterprise companies, it can be a great website builder for SMBs with many handy features that will increase your conversion rate and boost new email subscribers out of the box. Many beginners will find it surprisingly easy to get started, import a template, and get their sales rolling without worrying about visitor restrictions as they grow.
Instapage – an intuitive page builder with excellent customization features
Like ClickFunnels and GetResponse, Instapage is one of the largest landing page software providers with over 200+ landing page templates and page blocks. They pride themselves on being a leader in post-click conversion rate optimisation at scale.
Essentially, as a marketer or a business owner, you’d create landing pages with Instapage – more specifically, landing pages for your paid ads. Their goal is to help you increase your advertising conversion rates using a range of excellent products and features they offer.
One of the things we love about Instapage is how intuitive it is for use.
Their core product functionalities are:
- Landing Pages — you can create stunning landing pages in minutes.
- Dynamic Page Relevancy — 1:1 ad-to-page personalisation
- Experimentation — this includes heatmaps, A/B and multivariate testing and robust analytics (pretty sweet!)
- AdMap® — this helps you visualise your funnel and connect the ads to the most relevant landing pages.
- Collaboration — quite a fast and easy way to create a workflow and collaborate with your colleagues
- Page Speed — pages you create are optimised to load nearly instantly
But let’s discuss the pros and cons:
- Fast and intuitive page builder
- Easy integrations with over 120 tools (Mailchimp, Zapier, Salesforce, HubSpot, and others).
- Codeless integrations with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, etc. This will come in handy to beginners who are not familiar with the usual methods.
- A lot of customization capabilities
- Swift and helpful customer support
- Plenty of templates for beginners who just want to get started as soon as possible
- The ability to add custom CSS when required, which we appreciated!
- Hosted system — unlike WordPress, Instapage handles the hosting for you.
- Mobile optimisation will be harder for beginners as it requires users to practically repeat the design process from scratch to align all the elements and make it look good.
- Once you create a page (or a website) using their subscription, you won’t be able to stop the subscription and continue using the page with another hosting provider.
- Not every integration is as intuitive and seamless as the built-in integrations. Thus you might require extra help.
- More expensive than some of their competitors with similar functionality.
Unlike the other alternatives on our list, Instapage is rather expensive. Although we appreciate the features it provides, we only recommend going for it if you’re going to utilise Instapage’s capabilities to their fullest extent.
If you’re not planning to use heatmaps and other similar features, then there’s no point in paying such huge fees.
Instapage’s overview as a ClickFunnels alternative
If you’re looking forward to making use of all the features and capabilities they offer and you’re not afraid to pay a more significant price, then Instapage might be the right solution for you. Mostly if you heavily depend on paid advertising.
However, if you’re an SMB looking just to get started and make use of the essential features that page builders (some of which are included in this list) usually provide without lightening your wallet too much, there are more suitable alternatives.
Remember that many of the remarkable features Instapage offers are found in their custom package, not in the standard $149/mo pricing (which is paid annually). These features include:
- 1:1 Ad-to-Page Personalization
- Real-Time Visual Collaboration
- AMP Pages & Experiences
- Enterprise security
- Editable Global Blocks
Webflow – no-code ClickFunnels alternative for making entire websites
And finally, Webflow.
Recently, Webflow has become very well-known and popular. It’s the next big thing and a competitor of WordPress.
Unlike other ClickFunnels alternatives, Webflow is aa pure, no-code website builder tool.
So if you tried to use ClickFunnels to create an entire website, but realised that it’s’ not a good fit, then Webflow might be your choice.
- It’s the only ClickFunnels alternative on the list that allows you to build complete websites, with blog posts included.
- It has a great community of Webflow users.
- There are 10.000+ elements and websites of other users that you’re allowed to duplicate. This makes the process of making your website way faster.
- Webflow has incredible and responsive customer support. But sometimes, if you need urgent help, many Webflow users would be willing to assist you.
- Webflow offers the best customization options of all the ClickFunnels alternatives.
As you can see, Webflow is great for building websites. On the other hand – it’s not perfect for building conversion-rich marketing funnels, since it lacks many functionalities.
- Although it allows you to collect emails and leads through forms, it’s pretty hard to design perfect pop-ups or opt-ins.
- Webflow doesn’t offer email marketing, auto-responding, webinars, or any other marketing or sales related feature that will help you convert more people. So, if you want to practice advanced marketing, sales and CRO strategies, you will need to use many 3rd party apps which is the case for many ClickFunnels alternatives (except GetResponse).
Webflow has multiple pricing plans for various use cases. For example, the pricing is different for ordinary and ecommerce websites.
Pricing for ordinary websites starts at $12/mo for simple websites with up to 25.000 website visitors, or $16/mo for a CMS website.
The cheapest plan costs $29/mo for having up to 500 items in your shop when it comes to ecommerce plans.
Webflow’s overview as a ClickFunnels alternative
As you can see by now, if you’re looking for some ClickFunnels alternative that’s more cost-effective but can provide you with more possibilities than ClickFunnels, then Webflow isn’t the right fit for you.
But if you’re looking for the ClickFunnels alternative that allows you to build an entire website quickly, then Webflow is your go-to tool.
Final comparison of the 5 best ClickFunnels alternatives
Here’s the in-depth comparison chart of the best ClickFunnels alternatives on the market:
What’s the best ClickFunnels alternative for you?
So, after 5 weeks of testing different ClickFunnels alternatives, we believe that each alternative has other use cases:
- If you’re a big company looking for the ClickFunnels alternative that will enable you quick building and easy testing of different landing pages, then Unbounce is your go-to tool.
- If you’re an SMB looking for the more cost-effective and simple ClickFunnels alternative just for building landing pages, then Leadpages should be your choice.
- If you’re an enterprise who’s heavily depending on paid user acquisition, then Instapage is the best for you.
- If you’re looking for the ClickFunnels alternative that will allow you to build entire websites in less time, then try Webflow.
- If you’re looking for a cost-effective all-in-one solution for marketing automation and sales funnels that will allow you to build great email campaigns and convert more people, then GetResponse has got you covered. It’s the only ClickFunnels alternative that doesn’t require 3rd party apps at the end of the day.
And avoid paying $597+ for ClickFunnels and all necessary 3rd party apps. GetResponse covers everything, for a single price.
This comparison is accurate on January 10th, 2022. We do our best to keep it as accurate as possible, and we check it on a regular basis, however, if you want to acquaint yourself with the offer of our competitors, you should check it at their official website or contact their representatives.