What tools are available inside the legacy Landing Pages Editor?
Once you go into the Landing Pages Editor workspace, you can customize your page to better suit your needs. Here are a few things that you will be able to add and customize inside the GetResponse Landing Pages Editor:
- social sharing icons
- PayPal button
- custom code
To change the background of a template, double-click it to view editing options. You can choose between:
- solid color
- a different image. If you select an image, you can then decide how you’d like it to fit inside the section.
Border and shadow
For each of the elements that you add or edit, you can set a border and/or shadow. It’s a good way to make an item stand out when you need to bring attention to it. To access these settings, double-click on an element and choose the styling tools icon from the toolbar.
For the border, you can set:
For the shadow, you can set:
Sections have two main functions:
- They organize elements into logical groups.
- They allow you to manage your content in an easy way.
Most of our landing page templates are composed of sections. You can also add extra sections to your template.
You can either add a new text box from the toolbar, or edit the text that’s already in the template. Double-click the text or text box to make changes. The editing options include:
- font size
- font color
- text background
- orientation (left, center, right)
- bullet points
- numbered list
In GetResponse you’ll find a variety of stock images to choose from, or you can upload your own graphics (images or gifs) from your computer or from a URL. Once you add them, double-click them to see more editing options. Those include:
You can also use one of the more advanced editing features, such as:
- adding text
If you want to link to a different website, video, PDF document etc., you can use a button. Double-click on a button to adjust the following:
- button text font
- font size
- font color
- button color
- border and shadow
Elements such as text blocks, images blocks, and buttons include the option to add a hyperlink. To access this, double click the element and choose the hyperlink icon. Once chosen, you can select from different link types. These are:
- web address is used to redirect visitors to another online page of your choice.
- email will open up a new email window within the visitor’s default mail application directed towards the email of your choice. You are also able to place in a subject line for that email.
- section can be used to direct visitors to a specific section on your landing page.
- phone will allow visitors to make a phone call directly from the landing page to the number you select.
- webinar is used to connect an element to active webinars from your account. Selecting this type of link will take visitors to the registration page for the webinar you select.
Some templates already come with a sign-up form. If they don’t, you can add one from the toolbar. Choose between a static form or a popup.
To edit the static signup form, double-click the form to enable the additional editing options:
- click the form or specific fields, or the button, to change the text and formatting
- double click the form to start adding additional fields: custom fields and Consent fields. Custom fields help you collect contact information. Consent fields allow your contacts to give their consent to your marketing or data processing policies when they sign up.
To add the fields, click the Webform fields button.
Then, click the Custom fields tab and select the custom fields you want to use. Click the Consent fields tab to view the Consent fields you’ve created in your account. Then, select the fields you want to add to the form.
Your form button can only collect contacts to your account. It can’t be used as a hyperlink. To direct contacts to a specific location after they sign up, use the thank-you page settings.
Shapes can help you add visual separation markers, draw attention to certain sections of your page or create frames for specific items. You can choose one of the following:
- horizontal or vertical line
Double-click the shape to edit its background, border, and shadow.
To make it easier for your contacts to register to a webinar, you can add a webinar registration form directly to your landing page. Double-click on the webinar to select which one you want to use (if you have more than one scheduled). As with the form, you can then customize the registration form and add custom and consent fields.
You can embed videos from video hosting platforms such as YouTube directly on your landing page. Once you drag the video block onto the page, double-click it to set:
- the video URL
- border and shadow
- video display settings
Social sharing icons
These icons make it possible for your visitors to share the page on their feeds and drive more traffic for it. They aren’t editable.
The social sharing icons can’t be used as links to your social media profiles. If you want to link to your profiles, add the social media platform logos as images and use those as hyperlinks instead.
We offer a PayPal integration to make it easier for you to sell your products via landing pages. Learn more about the integration and how to use the button.
If you’re an advanced user, you can use the custom code option to add features that aren’t available in the landing page toolbar.
The countdown timer lets you count down the days, hours, minutes and seconds to a specific future date or set up an evergreen timer. This is a great way to advertise a sale, upsell or build anticipation for an event. It helps create a sense of urgency to encourage potential contacts to sign up to your list.
Under the Settings icon, you’ll be able to choose how your page will appear in search results and when it’s linked.
You can set up the following:
- page title
- page description
- cookies notification
- Facebook image
You can preview the landing page, thank-you page, and their mobile versions as you work. Click the Preview icon to take a look at what your page will look like when it’s published.