How to upload a list to a GetResponse MAX account?
There are two ways of uploading a list to your MAX account, depending on the size of the import file:
- for files up to 50 MB you can use the import option within Lists>>Add contacts.
- for files above 50 MB, you can do an FTP import.
In this article, we explain how to import files up to 50MB. For more information on how to import bigger files, see the instructions on how to import files via FTP.
Before you begin
Get your import file ready. Use this checklist to make sure it uploads properly
To import your contact list, you’ll need to set up the import details and match the custom field values in the file to the fields in your account. Here’s how to do it:
Configuring import settings
1. Go to Contacts>>Add contacts to get to the imports page.
2. Select the target list. If you’ve set up an autoresponder series for the list you’re uploading contacts to, you can select the day on which the contacts should start receiving the messages.
3. Select Upload a file, use an external service, or paste rows.
4. Within Upload file tab, add the file for upload. You can:
- drag and drop the file from your computer into the upload area,
- click Choose file to find and select a file from your computer.
5. Select what to do with contact information. You can:
- add new and update existing contact records
- add new contact records
- update existing contact records
6. Specify if you want to require double or single opt-in for this import.
7. Confirm you’ve collected consent for these contacts.
8. Click Next to start mapping the custom fields.
Mapping custom fields
Mapping is a step during which you let us know which GetResponse custom field to use to save your contact information.
Learn more about mapping custom fields during import
When you’ve finished mapping, click Import. When the import is complete, you can check the statistics on the Import statistics page.
Your import statistics include the progress status and the breakdown of how many contacts were added or skipped during import.
Learn more about import statistics
Note: For FTP imports, import statistics include a status Replaced. It indicates the number of contacts removed from the target list if they’re not included in the import file.