The Course promotion template lets you promote your content and encourage people to sign up. This template is useful if you want to:
- send an invitation to the contacts who are tagged as interested in the courses you offer
- send a follow-up message to everyone who has signed up
- send a reminder to everyone who hasn’t signed up
- assign tags to contacts based on their responses.
Category: Online courses
Elements in template: 9
Minimum number of elements to configure: 7
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
– automation messages or messages that can be used as automation messages,
– (Optional) tags. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Click an element to open its Properties tab.
- For the If tag conditions, select the tags starting the workflow. They can be applied in another workflow (e.g. Welcome new customers) or assigned by you. By default, this condition will work for the contacts who get the tag after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before the workflow is published, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
- For the Link clicked conditions, decide if you want to keep the default general settings or use the drop-downs to narrow down the condition to a specific message and link.
- For each of the Send message elements, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use, e.g. an invitation, a thank-you message, and a reminder.
- For the Tag elements, select the tags you want to assign to track your customers.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can change the number of tags triggering the workflow by adding as many If tag conditions as you need and connecting them to the Send message element.
You can use the tags at the end and beginning of workflows to trigger a series of workflows for your contacts. Once they are tagged, they’ll be added to another workflow that begins with a condition based on that tag. Here are the possible workflows you can use it with:
- Basic email course
- Advanced on-demand course
Note: You need to decide which workflow you want to add your contacts to. Use Course promotion with only one of these templates at the same time to make sure the course participants don’t receive too many messages at the same time.