Can I add links to custom fields?
There are two methods of adding links to custom fields. You can create:
- a URL custom field. It’s a validated input field that lets you enter a site address.
- a text field and add an
<a>tag to link to an external page. This is possible for checkbox text fields only.
Creating a checkbox field
1. In your GetResponse account, go to Contacts and click Custom fields in the top menu.
2. Click the Create custom field button.
3. Enter a name, e.g. “checkbox_with_link”.
4. For type, select Text.
5. For format, you select the first of the multiple-answer field options.
6. In the options field, type in the text you want to display to your potential contacts.
To include a link, add the
<a> HTML tag, for example:
<a href='https://example.com' target='_blank'>example text hyperlinked to external pages</a>
Swap the link in the example for the link you want to use and modify the text that will be linked. Be sure to include https:// and use single quotes (‘ ‘) in the tag. The linked document will open in a separate window.
7. Click Save.
The custom field you’ve created will appear within your User-defined custom fields on the Manage page.
Repeat steps 2-7 to create as many checkbox fields as you need.