How to trigger a popup based on product view or like?
The following article applies to our brand new Forms and Popups editor. Legacy editor help can be found here.
You can now react to the behavior of people visiting your website and show them a popup when they view or like your product.
Before you start
Make sure that your store is connected to GetResponse.
You can trigger popups based on product (or category) views in Magento, WooCommerce, Prestashop and own API integration, and additionaly in Magento and own API integration you can trigger popup based on product likes.
Triggering popups based on product views
- Go to Forms and popups and click on the name.
- Click Edit under Display rules.
- Click Turn on targetting in Ecommerce targeting.
- Select a store in which you want to enable ecommerce targeting (if you have more than one).
- Move the slider beside Viewed a product or product category to display more options.
- To choose when the popup will be displayed:
- Choose if you want to track product views, whole category or both.
- Select the category or product you want to track (you can select multiple products or categories). When category is selected, visiting all products from that category, will trigger a popup.
- Click on Advanced settings to display more options:
- Select exact, minimum or maximum number of views. Only after visiting the page for the selected number of times will we show the popup.
- Select the time when views occurred. We check who visited these pages only within a certain time period.
- Click Save or proceed to the next section.
Triggering popups based on likes
- Repeat steps from 1 to 4 from the section Triggering popup based on product views.
- Move the slider beside Liked a product to display more options.
- To choose when the popup will be displayed, select the category or product you want to track (you can select multiple products or categories). When category is selected, liking all products from that category, will trigger a popup.
- Click on Advanced settings to select the time when likes occurred. We check who liked these products only within a certain time period.
- Remember to click Save after selecting all needed options.