When to import files via FTP?
In Enterprise accounts, you can import .CSV files exceeding 50MB via FTP. Your Account Manager can give you the necessary credentials: a server address, login, and password.
When importing via FTP, you can decide if you want to:
- add new contacts to your existing list,
- update existing contact information,
- add new and update existing contact information,
- add new contacts to your GetResponse account and remove those who aren’t in the list you’re uploading.
If you’ve created an autoresponder cycle for the list, the imported contacts will start receiving your autoresponder messages. (Updating contact information via FTP doesn’t change the autoresponder day for a given contact.)
You should remember that some actions aren’t possible with an FTP import:
- it doesn’t let you update email addresses of your existing contacts,
- it doesn’t let you update subscription IP of your existing contacts because of legal reasons. However, GeoIP is always recalculated when a different IP is passed.