What is an abandoned cart email and how can I create it?
Abandoned cart email is a type of quick transactional email sent to your customers to recover lost sales. You can use it to send a reminder about the products they have left in their carts and encourage them to complete their order and proceed to the checkout page.
The abandoned cart email will present a quick summary of the products your customers have left in their cart, which is filled in automatically. It will be sent after a specified amount of time which you can set up in the properties of your message.
Note: You can create only one abandoned cart email per store.
How can I create an abandoned cart email?
To create an abandoned cart email:
- Go to Menu > Stores and products > Quick transactional emails.
- Click on the Create quick transactional email button.
- A pop-up window will open. Select Abandoned cart email and click on the Go to email creator button.
- Provide an internal name for your message, define the store, specify the delay for your message, choose from and reply-to emails, type in the subject line and proceed to Design message page.
- On the Design and content page, choose a template to your liking.
- The design of the abandoned cart box is customizable. You can:
- change layout and orientation
- adjust vertical and horizontal spacing
- decide if you want to display reminder text and customize it
- adjust image alignment and padding
- customize product names
- customize price
- customize purchase button.
- You can also add additional elements outside the order confirmation box:
- social media icons
- Click on the Next button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Save and activate button.
- Your message will be saved under Quick transactional emails tab.
How can I manage my abandoned cart emails?
You can manage your abandoned cart emails in Menu > Stores and products > Quick transactional emails, where you will see all types of quick transactional emails that you have created.
Under the name of your message, you will see:
- the store your message is linked to
- the type of your message.
In this tab, you can also check general statistics for your quick transactional emails:
- number of delivered messages
- open rate
- click rate.
The Actions menu (vertical ellipsis) allows you to edit, preview and delete your message, as well as send a test message.
Note: You will need to unpublish your message first in order to edit it.