The Post-course retargeting template is useful when you want to congratulate everyone who’s finished your course and recommend other courses to them. It helps you encourage them to sign up again and see you as a source of valuable knowledge. With this template, you can build a workflow that:
- automatically sends a well-timed message to the contacts who’ve finished your course
- sends a reminder message to those who may have missed your initial offer
- helps you identify who is interested in participating in more courses and who isn’t. You can then decide if you need to run a re-engagement campaign or can focus on delivering course content to your audience, or run both campaigns at the same time.
Category: Online courses
Elements in template: 8
Minimum number of elements to configure: 5
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- automation messages or messages that can be used as automation messages,
- Tags (optional). You can create tags as you’re building the workflow, but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Click an element to open its Properties tab. Note: The Wait element and the time settings in the Link clicked? condition have been preset to the recommended delay.
1. For the If tag element, select which tag should trigger the workflow. Everyone who is tagged with it will be automatically added to this workflow and start receiving the course lessons. It can be applied in another workflow (e.g. Basic email course) or assigned by you. It should be descriptive, e.g. you can use a tag “advanced course-ready”.
By default, this condition will work for the contacts who get the tag after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before the workflow is published, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
2. For the Link clicked conditions, decide if you want to keep the default general settings or use the drop-downs to narrow down the condition to a specific message and link.
3. For each of the Send message elements, use the drop-downs to select the messages you want to use, e.g. a congratulations email (containing a link to a landing page with your course offerings) and reminder email encouraging them to check out your courses.
4. For the Tag elements, select the tags you want to use to track your contacts, for example, “ready_for_advanced_course” and “not_interested”. Note: The tag applied to contacts interested another course can automatically add them to a workflow for that course if the workflow starts with that tag.
5. Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can use the tags at the end and beginning of workflows to trigger a series of workflows for your contacts. Once they are tagged, they’ll be added to another workflow that begins with a condition based on that tag. Here are the possible workflows you can use it with: