Tag contacts based on score
You can use the template Tag contacts based on score as part of your strategy to increase your conversion rate and sales. The template lets you build a workflow that:
- is triggered for new contacts signing up to a specific list,
- waits a set amount of time for them to get a specific score,
- based on the score, assigns tags to help you identify leads who qualify for a sales demo presentation.
This template has been approved by conversion expert Talia Wolf. Learn more about her strategy to increase sales with customer-centric conversion optimization
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 4
Minimum number of elements to configure: 2
Includes elements available only in Professional and Enterprise accounts
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- A scoring strategy. You’ll be tracking how engaged your contacts are, so you should come up with a plan how many points you want to add or subtract based on their behavior. We provide you with suggested values, but you can adjust according to your needs.
- Tags (optional). They will help you find your contacts or add them to another workflow. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow, but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
Configuring the template
You can save the template using the preset properties. If you want to make any changes, click an element to open its Properties tab. Here’s what you can do:
- The Subscribed via condition is preset for any list and any method. Use the drop-downs to narrow it down by list and method to modify the settings to better suit your needs.
- For the If score condition, see if the preset values fit your scoring plan. You can go to the element Properties and enter a new value in the space provided. By default, after 30 days contacts who don’t get the qualifying score will be moved down the negative (red) path. You can change this setting if you wish.
- For the Tag actions, select the tags you want to assign to your contacts based on their score, e.g. “warm” and “cold” to indicate if they qualify. This will let you search for contacts with this tag or trigger a related workflow for them.
- Click Save and publish when you’ve finished setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
- Basic scoring plan helps you score contacts based on their engagement
- Invite contacts to a demo lets you target qualifying contacts and add them to a CRM pipeline