Confirm CRM deal qualification
You can use the template Confirm CRM deal qualification to make sure your leads are sales-qualified before proceeding through a pipeline. It helps you build a workflow that:
- is triggered when contacts are added to a selected pipeline (either any or a specific stage),
- checks whether the contacts should remain in the pipeline using the criteria specified in the Dynamic segment filter,
- removes non-qualifying contacts from the pipeline,
- for contacts who qualify, removes any tags that would identify them as not ready for the sales process.
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 4
Minimum number of elements to configure: 4
CRM element available only in Pro and Max accounts
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- tags (optional). You can create tags as you’re building the workflow but its best to have a basic tagging plan set,
- a segment created using the conditions of your choice in the Advanced search. (You can create a filter within the workflow, but the conditions in the Dynamic filter element don’t include all of the available search criteria.)
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. Click an element to open its Properties tab. All the elements have the option to Run multiple times enabled in case the same contact enters your workflow more than once.
- For the Contacts added to pipeline condition, select the pipeline and then the stage you want to be the trigger. If you want to track contacts added anywhere in the pipeline, select Any stage. Keep the time properties set to Never. The element is preset to Run multiple times in case the same contact is added to the pipeline more than once.
- Set up the Dynamic segment filter using the conditions in the Properties or use an existing segment saved as a segment. For example, you could check if the contacts have a specific set of segments or whether their geolocation indicates they should be in a different pipeline.
- For the Delete from stage element, select the pipeline you’re tracking. To remove the contacts who don’t meet the criteria from anywhere in the pipeline, select Any stage.
- For the Tag action, select the tag you want to remove.
- Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can adapt this template to suit your sales and marketing needs by skipping the Tag action.