Add contacts to CRM pipeline
The Add contacts to CRM pipeline template lets you link your marketing and sales efforts. Your contacts can be added to a CRM pipeline based on their activity or engagement:
- based on a tag that identifies them as sales-ready,
- when they sign up to your sales-specific list,
- when they visit a specific product page.
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 5
Minimum number of elements to configure: 4
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. Click an element to open its Properties tab. Note: In this template, the option for the elements to Run multiple times is turned off to avoid creating multiple CRM deals for the same contact.
Setting up the start elements
This template uses three start elements but you can remove any elements you don’t suit your needs. Here’s how to set up all three conditions:
1. For the If tag elements, select the tags starting the workflow, e.g “sales-ready”. It can be applied to contacts in another workflow (e.g. Converting contacts into customers) or assigned by you. Note: By default, this condition will work for the contacts who tagged after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before you publish the workflow, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
2. The Subscribed via condition is preset to any list and any method. Optionally, you can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Under the Properties tab for the element, use the drop-downs to narrow it down by list and method.
3. Configure the URL visited element to track if your contacts visited your product site:
a. Click the element. This will open the Copy JavaScrip Code popup.
b. Click Copy code to copy the snippet to the clipboard and close the window. (At this point it’s best to save it to a temporary document in case you copy something else to the clipboard).
c. Under Properties, enter the URL of the product site you want to track. Use a wildcard if you want to track visits anywhere on your site. To learn more about configuring the element and using wildcards, go to How do I set properties for the URL visited condition?
1. For the Add to pipeline action, select the pipeline first. Then, specify the stage to add contacts to.
2. For the Tag action, select a tag you’d like to use as additional information for segmenting your contact list.
3. Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
You can use a specific score to trigger this workflow to start. Use If score if you’re using a scoring system to notify your team that your leads are “sales ready”.
You can use the tags assigned at the end of these workflows to add them to Sales team alerts:
- How can I use the If tag condition in a workflow?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?
- How do I use Add to pipeline?
- How do I make use of tags?
- What is GetResponse CRM?
- How do I set properties for the URL visited condition?