How to tag contacts randomly?
You can assign tags randomly to contacts on your list.
This can be useful if you want to send a single message to a group of randomly selected subscribers without using A/B test feature.
Assigning a tag to random contacts will also allow you to further segment your contacts and send messages in phases. You can assign a tag to a part of your list and test the campaign you’re sending on that particular segment.
Another way would be to run a contest where, for example, random 100 people who subscribed to your list will receive extra content from you, like an eBook. This can help increase engagement and traffic to your list.
For Enterprise users, this can be a good way to start the IP address warm-up process. More on this here.
How to assign a tag randomly?
- Go to Lists.
- Select the list you in which you want to tag contacts or select Show all contacts
- Search for contacts using Advanced search or select all.
- Click the Actions icon (vertical ellipsis) next to the total number of contacts.
- Select Tag and a pop-up will open.
- In the pop-up, select Assign tag.
- Choose the tag you want to assign.
- Enable Tag random contacts.
- Enter the group size you’d like to tag (for example, if you have a list of 100 contacts selected, input 50 to randomly assign the tag for the half of your list).