Invite contacts to a demo
You can use the template Invite contacts to a demo as part of your strategy to increase your sales. It helps you build a workflow that targets qualifying contacts. This workflow can be triggered for both new and existing contacts:
- existing contacts can get an invitation asking them to confirm their interest in the product demo,
- new subscribers get a message confirming they’ve requested a demo.
As a last step, the workflow tags the contacts to identify them for future communications and campaigns.
This template has been approved by conversion expert Talia Wolf. Learn more about her strategy to increase sales with customer-centric conversion optimization
Category: Lead qualifying
Elements in template: 7
Minimum number of elements to configure: 6
Includes elements available only in Ecommerce Marketing and MAX accounts
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
- Tags (optional). They will help you find your contacts or add them to another workflow. You can create tags as you’re building the workflow, but its best to have a basic tagging plan set.
- Two automation messages or messages that can be used as automation messages
- A landing page or form for contacts to sign up to your list.
- A pipeline contact should be added to.
Configuring the template
You can save the template using the preset properties. If you want to make any changes, click an element to open its Properties tab. Here’s what you can do:
Targeting existing contacts who qualify
- For the If tag condition, elect the tags starting the workflow, e.g “warm”. It can be applied to contacts in another workflow (e.g. Tag contacts based on score) or assigned by you. Note: By default, this condition will work for the contacts who tagged after the workflow is published. To add already-tagged contacts, turn on Include contacts that already have the tag when the workflow starts. Keep the time settings set to Never.
- For the Send message action, use the drop-downs to select your demo invitation message with a link or button to confirm.
- In the Link clicked condition, use the drop-downs to select the invitation message and the link it includes.
Targeting new contacts
- The Subscribed via condition is preset for any list and any method. You can modify the settings to suit your needs better. Use the drop-downs to narrow it down by list and method (in this case this could be a demo-specific landing page or form).
- For the Send message action, use the drop-downs to select the message to let your contacts know that you’ve received their request for a demo.
- For the Add to pipeline action, select the pipeline first. Then, specify the stage to add contacts to.
- For the final Tag action, select the tags that will be assigned to your contacts based on the pipeline they’ve been added to.
Tag contacts based on score lets you identify leads who qualify for a sales demo presentation
- What subscription methods can I include in a workflow?
- How does a marketing automation message work?
- How does the “Link clicked” condition work?
- How can I use the If tag condition in a workflow?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?