How to create an ad with Facebook Ads integration?
Facebook Ads integration allows you to extend your marketing actions by reaching out to people on social media directly from your GetResponse account. You can create ads for Facebook Pages and Instagram accounts connected to them and set the budget for them. Facebook ads can be created for a variety of audiences making sure that it reaches the people you want.
- You need to have admin user permissions on at least one Facebook Page to run an ad.
- Your GetResponse account payments need to be done by credit or debit card.
- Facebook Ads are charged from the credit you add to your account. If you decide to cancel the ad before using the budget, you can use the remaining credit for your next ad.
- Facebook can reject your ad if it doesn’t meet their ad requirements.
- Disable adblockers to make sure the Facebook Ads creator works properly.
How do I connect to Facebook Ads?
To connect with Facebook Ads:
- Go to Menu >> Integrations.
- Click Details over the Facebook Ads integration.
- Click Connect to start the integration.
- You will be redirected to Facebook where you have to provide your login credentials and authorize the integration.
How do I create a Facebook ad?
To create an ad:
- Go to Menu >> Facebook Ads.
- Click Create ad.
- Name your ad campaign.
Creating an ad in Conversion funnel
You can also create an ad directly in the Conversion funnel:
- Go to Menu >> Conversion funnel click on the Conversion funnel you would like to advertise.
- Click on Create an ad.
- Name your ad campaign.
Note: Ads created with the Conversion funnel can only link to the first page in a Conversion funnel. For example in a Full sales funnel the first landing page will be used in the ad.
- Click Edit connection under Ad placement. In that section, you’ll be able to select for which Facebook page and Instagram profile you want to create an ad and what should be its placement. If you have an Instagram profile connected to Facebook Page you will see it next to your Facebook Page name. You have the following options when it comes to placement:
- Place the ad in the Facebook News Feed.
- Place the ad on the Audience Network.
- Place the ad in the Instagram feed and Instagram Stories.
2. Click Save.
Note: The last option will be available only for pages with connected Instagram accounts. If you would like to learn how to connect an Instagram Account to a Facebook Page, see here.
- Click Create audience to start setting up your audience.
You have multiple options when it comes to selecting your audience:
- Existing contacts – Target your existing GetResponse list once you have at least 100 contacts.
Select the list to which you’d like to advertise.
- Lookalike audience – Target a group similar to your existing contacts once you have a list of at least 500 contacts.
Select to which list we should compare the new audience. You can choose to include existing contacts in the audience.
Then, add the audience characteristics we should look for such as country (you can select one), locations (such as state, city, ZIP, or postcode), gender, age, and interests (optional).
- Custom audience – Find new audience based on specific criteria like location, demographics, and interests.
Type in locations (such as state, city, ZIP, or postcode), then define the gender and age groups as well as interests (optional) you’d like to target your ad to.
- People liking the Page – Engage your Page likes or people similar to them.
You can include existing Page likes in the audience and find a new audience who’s similar to your current Page likes. You need to select at least one of these options.
If you select Find a new audience who’s similar to Page likes the next step is to add the audience characteristics we should look for such as country (you can select one), locations (such as state, city, ZIP, or postcode), gender, age, and interests (optional).
- Webiste visitors – Target visitors to your landing pages, learn more here.
2. Click Save once you’re ready with your audience selection.
- Click Set budget to determine the total budget for the ad.
- Enter the total budget for the ad, keeping in mind that the minimum budget for an ad is $5.00 per day.
- Select run time for your ad. You can use predefined periods or define a specific run time.
- Click Save.
- Click Add content to start creating how your ad will look like.
- Start by adding a message to your post for your viewers (optional).
- Add an image to advertise your content.
Note: You can use: JPG, PNG, JPEG up to 10MB.
- Select a GetResponse landing page your ad will direct to or select Custom URL for an external web address.
- Add a headline for the product or service to draw in your audience.
- Select the type of button that will show next to your ad.
- Add your product description (optional).
- Once you’re done with these steps, you can add more cards to create a carousel ad. For each card repeat the steps 3-7.
- Click Save to see your ad preview. You can view how your ad will look like on mobile or desktop devices.
- Once you’re happy with everything click Submit ad.
Your ad will now be submitted for Facebook review and will have the status In review.
Once the ad is reviewed and accepted by Facebook, it can be set to Active or Scheduled (for ads with future start date). If the add is rejected, it can be rejected due to a Billing Error or Cancelled by Facebook.
Failed ads mean your ad didn’t meet Facebook requirements. If the ad is Failed, you can edit it by going to the Actions menu (vertical ellipsis). Choose Edit from the menu, edit your ad, and then submit for review again by clicking Submit ad.
For ads Cancelled by Facebook we will display the reason why the add was cancelled.
You can save your progress as a draft anytime by clicking Save and exit at the bottom of the editor.
We will take money out of your ad budget only after your ad is accepted by Facebook.
How do I manage my Ads?
Go to Menu >> Facebook Ads to see your ads. You will be able to edit and manage your ads using the Actions menu (vertical ellipsis).
Note: when the ad status is In review, you don’t have access to the managing or editing options until the ad leaves the review process. You can only preview the ad.
You can also filter ads by their creation method. Click on the All ads button to select between All ads, Unassigned ads and Assigned to funnel.
Where can I monitor my results?
When you go to Menu >> Facebook Ads you will be able to see your ad reach, impressions and clicks.
- Reach is the total number of unique people who saw your content.
- Impressions are the number of times your content was displayed, no matter if it was clicked or not.
- Clicks indicate how many people clicked on your button to find out more.
How does billing for Facebook Ads work?
Facebook ads are only available to customers paying with a credit card. You add a credit to your Facebook ads to run them. You can do it from the dashboard of Facebook Ads or from within creating the ad. If the account is in a currency other than USD, we will show the value in your currency according to the current exchange rate.
When you create your ad we submit it for review, but we take the funds from the credit for the budget you’ve set up when creating the ad. If the ad is not accepted by Facebook, we restore the credit.
We take the budget from your ad from your credit for the following ad statuses: in review, active, planned, paused. If you cancel the ad in the meantime, we will put the remaining funds back to your credit in 3 days.
To check your billing history go to Profile >> Billing >> Billing history. There you will be able to see positions for your Facebook ads credit payments.
If you decide to stop your ad while it’s running, we will create a credit in your account that can be used for future ads you create. For example, if you have an ad with a budget of $20 but stop it in the middle of its running time, we take the remaining $10 as credit. When you create your next ad, we will apply that credit to the cost of your ad.