How to create business email at my custom domain?
For additional details on these modifications, refer to our blog post:
Gmail and Yahoo’s Authentication Changes: All You Need to Know
If you have a custom domain or a domain purchased with GetResponse linked with a website in GetResponse, you can create an email alias in the Email addresses section under Tools > Emails and domains. You can create an email alias for custom domains added by you, as well as the ones purchased in GetResponse. If you’d like a specific address to automatically appear in your message “From” field, select it as the default address.
To create a custom email address:
- Make sure your domain is properly linked with your website.
- In the GetResponse Dashboard, click Tools >> Emails and Domains and click Create email alias.
- In a pop-up modal, enter your name.
- Then, enter your email prefix, and select the domain.
- Enter working email under Forward to email address. The messages sent to the newly created alias will be forwarded to the email entered there.
- Click Add.
- The email address is added to the list as Unconfirmed. We automatically send a confirmation email to the forwarding address you’ve added. Once you confirm it, the status will change to Confirmed. You can then start using it as a “From” address for your messages and confirmation emails.
You can add maximum 10 unique business addresses in paid plans, and maximum 1 in your free account (regardless of how many domains you have).
- If you want to add another email under the same domain, follow steps 1-7.
As you can add multiple from email addresses with the same email (where only Name is different) please note that the same forward email address will always be used for those new entries.
Why is it worth it?
- Having your own business email positively impacts brand recognition and inboxed email recognition by recipients.
- Having an email created with your own domain increases email deliverability and helps avoid spam filters due to inherent text records assuring proper email and domain authentication.
- No fuss set up and domain authentication for non-tech users: SPF, DMARC and DKIM are automated.
- You can now create and maintain your entire online brand and online communication with one tool: