Can I track customers around my Magento store?
You can find out what pages customers visit with the Web event tracking feature.
To use this feature you need:
- A Plus, Professional, or Enterprise account. This means that you need to be able to use the Purchase, URL visited, and Abandoned cart conditions when creating workflows.
- The GetResponse for Magento plugin installed.
The following steps are the same for Magento 1.9 and Magento 2. Here’s how to start tracking your customer activity:
1. Navigate to the GetResponse extension.
2. Expand the menu and click Web Event Tracking.
3. Check the box for Send web event data to GetResponse.
4. Click Save.
Once you enable the tracking feature, we’ll start collecting the URLs of the pages people visit. To stop tracking customer activity, deselect the box and click Save.
The information about the sites your customers visit is passed to GetResponse. It will help you trigger automation workflows for your customers once they visit a specific product page or pages. Go to our Help Center resources to find out how to build workflows that: