How to use the calendar in CRM?
The built-in calendar lets you schedule phone calls, meetings, and other events essential to running your business. You can view, add new, reschedule, complete, and restore events. You can also use it to track your deal-related events and access CRM deal details directly from the calendar.
- The account admin and users who’ve been assigned the role of an Administrator can see all the scheduled events.
- Users with access to all CRM pipelines see all the scheduled events.
- Users with access limited to specific pipelines can see only the events linked to the deals in these pipelines. They can also see the events that are not linked to any specific deal in a pipeline.
View existing events
In this section we’ll tell you how you can add, manage, and update your calendar events.
Day and month view
The calendar gives you the month view of your scheduled events.
Click the day cell to view all events scheduled for a given day.
Filter by type
The calendar is integrated with GetResponse CRM, so you can use it to manage deal-related events and event’s that are not linked to any deals. Use the drop-down lists at the top of the page to modify which events you want to be displayed.
Expand the menu to filter the events:
- based on whether or not they are assigned to deals. To do it, select the event type and click Apply.
- by specific pipelines to show just the events for the deals in those pipelines. Select the pipeline or pipelines and click Apply.
Add new events
- In the calendar, click the Add event button, or double-click a specific day.
- Enter a title in the space provided. This step is optional but descriptive titles make it easier to identify the events without clicking on them to see the details.
- Click on the time and day shown in the card to use the picker to select a day and start time.
- Click the icons to select the event type.
That’s it. You can finish setup by clicking Save. Or, you can go ahead and select a deal this event relates to (you can do it any time after you’ve added the event). Here’s how to do it:
- After you’ve set up the basic event details, click Assign to deal.
- Start typing the deal’s email address and select the deal from the list of the found matches.
- To save the event you can:
- click Save and return to the calendar,
- click on the email address and view and edit the deal details,
- click on the pipeline name and go to that pipeline.
You can also add new events directly from the Deal details card in CRM. They will always appear in your calendar as assigned to a deal. Learn more about editing deal details
Reschedule an event
Schedules can change, meetings get pushed to a later time or moved to a different day. Here’s how to edit your scheduled events to reflect these changes:
- Double-click the event you want to update.
- Click on the time and day shown in the card to use the picker to enter a new time or day.
- Click Save.
Delete an event
If your meeting gets canceled for any reason, you can remove it from your calendar:
- Double-click the event you want to delete.
- Move the mouse over the Actions menu (three vertical dots) and select Delete.
- Confirm you want to delete it.
Complete an event
If you want to flag an event as completed but don’t want to remove it from the calendar, you can mark it as done. Here’s how to do it:
- Double-click the event.
- Move the mouse over the Actions menu (three vertical dots) and select Mark as done.
The event will be automatically updated. It will show as crossed out but you can always restore or remove it from your calendar. To change its status, go to the Actions menu and select Restore or Delete.