Advanced on-demand course
Use the Advanced on-demand course template to allow your course participants to receive the course lessons when they want them, not at a predetermined flow. The template uses 7 elements but you can add more (or delete existing ones), depending on your course length. Finish building the workflow by choosing the messages you want to send to your subscribers and selecting the tags you want to start and finish the workflow with.
Category: Online courses
Elements in template: 7
Minimum number of elements to configure: 5
Here’s what you’ll need to configure the elements and publish the template as a workflow:
– automation messages or messages that can be used as automation messages with your course lessons
– an idea what tags you want to use at the beginning and the end of the workflow.
Configuring the template
All greyed out elements need to be configured. The Link clicked? condition is preset to any newsletter/any link. You can modify the settings to better suit your needs. Click an element to open its Properties tab. Note: The the time settings in the Link clicked? condition have been preset to the recommended delay.
1. For the If tag element, select which tag should trigger the workflow. Everyone tagged with it will be automatically added to this workflow and start receiving the course lessons. It can be applied in another workflow (e.g. Basic email course) or assigned by you. It should be descriptive, e.g. you can use a tag “advanced course-ready”.
By default, this condition will work for the contacts who get the tag after the workflow is published. If you want to include the contacts who had the tag before the workflow is published, turn on the switch that enables adding them. Keep the time settings set to Never.
2. For each of the Send message elements, use the drop-downs to select the message you want to use.
3. For the Link clicked conditions, decide if you want to keep the default general settings or use the drop-downs to narrow down the condition to a specific message and link. As soon as your contacts click on the link, they’ll be sent another lesson. If they don’t click the link, they’ll be sent another lesson after the time selected in the time settings.
4. For the Tag action finishing the workflow, select the tag you want to assign to show that they’ve completed the course. They will help you identify them if you want to target them specifically or add them to another workflow.
5. Click Save and publish when you’re done setting up the template or Save and exit if you want to finish editing the template later (it will appear as a draft on the Manage workflows page).
If you have the Professional plan, you can further edit your workflow. You add more Wait and Send message elements to the existing templates if you’re using more lessons in your online course. To do this, move the mouse pointer over the line connecting the last message and the Tag element. Click the “x” symbol to disconnect the elements. Drag-and-drop the additional elements and connect them to each other.
- Course promotion
Course promotion ends by tagging contacts who can start receiving course materials. Begin the Advanced on-demand course template with this tag to automatically add these contacts to your course.
- Basic email course
You can tag contacts at the end of Basic email course. If you use the same tag at the beginning of Advanced on-demand course, you can automatically move contacts between courses.
- Post-course retargeting
You can tag contacts at the end of Advanced on-demand course. If you use the same tag at the beginning of Post-course retargeting, everyone who has can receive your other course recommendations.
- How can I use the If tag condition in a workflow?
- How can I use the Tag action in a workflow?
- Where can I assign tags or scores to contacts?
- How do I make use of tags?
- How does a marketing automation message work?
- How does the Link clicked condition work?