How do I change the DNS settings? Video
When you want your domain name to appear in your landing page URL you need to update the nameservers (configure DNS) to point your domain to our DNS server. You can create multiple subdomains in GetResponse for a domain that was already configured with Name Servers. You won’t have to configure it again.
Note: changing your domain’s DNS will disable any email accounts you have on that domain.
If you wish to keep using emails on the domain you want to link to your page, instead of changing DNS, create a subdomain for your landing page and a CNAME record for that subdomain.
Using a subdomain for your landing page is also recommended if you have a website at your root domain.
Click here for a guide on creating a CNAME record for your subdomain.
To make the nameserver changes, you need to:
1. Log in to your hosting control panel.
2. In the domain settings section, look for the DNS settings.
3. Use the following name servers as the main and primary servers for your domain:
4. Save the changes.
How long does it take for the changes to the DNS settings to take effect?
It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be propagated across the internet (in other words, for the nameservers and cache records to be updated). If you try to use an unverified domain when creating a landing page, you’ll see a notification that lets you know that we’re checking the records. You don’t need to take any action. Just give it up to 24 hours for the process to conclude.
We’ll also let you know if we’re still not able to verify your domain after 48 hours. If you try to use an unverified domain, you’ll see a notification that tells you we couldn’t verify it. This means the domain you’d like to assign doesn’t show anywhere in the DNS records. When you see it, you need to double-check your DNS settings.
You can check the status of your domain on the Landing page domains page. To open it, go to Manage account >> Domains. Use this page to add, remove, and view the status of your domains. For more information on how to do it, please go to How do I manage domains for my landing pages.
How do I change DNS settings in my GoDaddy account?
Follow these steps to update your domain at GoDaddy to point to our nameservers:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click the Manage button to access your domains.
The next steps depend on the view of your account.
For an account in Card View:
1. Select the domain you want to update the nameservers for. Open the settings menu (the gear icon). Next, select Manage DNS.
2. Click Change under Nameservers.
3. Select Custom under Choose your new nameserver type. Enter both GetResponse hosting servers:
4. Click the Save button.
For an account in List View:
1. Select the domain names you want to change.
2. Select Set Nameservers from the Nameservers menu.
3. Select Custom under Select type.
4. Click Enter custom nameservers.
5. Enter both GetResponse hosting servers:
6. Click OK.
See GoDaddy’s support resources for detailed information about managing your DNS.
How do I change DNS settings in my HostGator account?
Follow these steps to update your domain at HostGator to point to our nameservers:
1. Go to http://register.hostgator.com, and click the Manage Domains tab.
2. Log in with your billing email and password to access the domains in that account. After you’ve logged in, you can see the domains attached to your account.
3. Click the domain name you want to update. The Domain Overview window opens. It shows the details about the domain you’ve selected, and provides access to other functions.
4. Click the Name Servers tab from the left-hand menu.
5. On the Name Servers page, edit the nameservers you want the domain to point to.
- For Name Server 1, enter ns-a-1.getresponse.com
- For Name Server 2, enter ns-a-2.getresponse.com
6. Click Save Name Servers to save the changes.
See HostGator’s support resources for detailed information about changing your DNS.