How to remove contacts as a result of workflow?
You can remove your contacts when you use the Remove contact action. The element can perform four types of removal:
- from one or more lists
- from a current list and the workflow
- from the entire account
- from an autoresponder cycle in a given list.
You can use this element to manage your contact lists. For example, you can remove your contacts from a list when they subscribe to another one. This way you can make sure that your contacts are in the list that best fits their needs and your marketing strategies.
Selecting the current list and workflow setting results in a broader action. It removes your contacts from whatever list they’re in when they reach this element as well as the workflow itself. Use the entire account setting to remove the contacts from all your lists.
You can also use Remove contact to stop your contacts from receiving autoresponder messages. For example, you can remove them from an autoresponders cycle in a given list when they subscribe to another one. This way the contacts remain in the original list but are no longer receiving autoresponders in that list. You can choose whether you’d like to remove them from autoresponders in one or more list.
How do I set up Remove contact?
Before you start
Remember that removing contacts from all the lists they’re in, effectively removes them from your account. If you choose to remove them from specific lists, make sure you have them in other lists as well.
Setting up element properties
- Go to Automation and select Create workflow. Add a condition element to start building the workflow.
- When you decide you need to use the Remove contact action, select the element to add it to the workspace.
- Open Properties to set up the action. Select the option that best fits your needs:
- To remove your contacts from one or more lists, select Lists from the first drop-down list. Next, expand the List menu and choose a list.
- To remove your contacts from an autoresponder cycle in one or more lists, select Autoresponder cycle from the drop-down list. Next, select a list.
- To remove the contacts from all your lists, select Entire account. Note: This element has no bottom connector because the contacts are no longer in your account. They can’t advance to any further element.
- To remove your contacts from a list and the workflow, select Current list and workflow. Note: This element has no bottom connector. It’s not possible for your contacts to advance to any further element once they reach this point in the workflow.
Why do the statistics show 0 under COMPLETED even though all my contacts finished the workflow?
The “0 completed” statistics on the Manage automation workflows for a finished workflow means that everyone who was in the workflow “exited” it through the Remove contact element. They didn’t complete the workflow because they were removed from the workflow or account.