How do I choose newsletter recipients?
You choose contacts you’d like to send a newsletter to within the Recipient step of your newsletter editor. You can refine your recipient list by including or excluding contacts, or group of contacts you’ve created in your account.
To include recipients you’ll be able to:
- choose specific recipients from your contacts list
- choose between lists or choose all lists
- choose between or select all segments
How do I add contacts from specific lists and segments?
- Click on Add recipients.
- Select a list or all list you’d like to send your newsletter to.
- Go to Segments and select the one you’d like to add to your recipient list.
- Unique recipients at the bottom of the page tells you how many recipients you’ve selected.
- Once you’ve selected your recipients, click Add.
How do I choose specific contacts to send a newsletter to?
- Choose one or more lists to add recipients.
- At the top click on Select manually.. This will open a list of your contacts.
- Select the recipients from the Select contacts manually. The Unique recipients number is updated and reflects how many recipients will receive your newsletter.
- Click Add to save your selection and return to the message creation page.
If you’d like to learn how to exclude contacts from the recipient list, go to How do I exclude contacts from receiving my newsletter.
I’ve selected multiple lists to send a newsletter to. Are contacts who are in multiple lists going to receive duplicate messages?
Your contacts won’t receive multiple newsletters if they are in multiple lists. The GetResponse system checks for duplicates and sends only one newsletter to recipients whose email address is in several lists.