Why can’t I log in?
There are a number of possible reasons why you may have difficulty logging in to your account. Check the steps below to see why this might have happened and how it can be resolved.
Are the log in details incorrect or out of date?
If you’re unable to log in, you may receive an error which states ‘The email or password you entered are incorrect’. The most common reason for this message would be if the log in details entered do not match what we have on file.
You are able to update this information by selecting Reset Password? from the bottom right of the log in page. You can then enter your email address and a message will be sent with a link to reset the password going forward.
If you’ve recently changed your log in details, we recommend clearing your cache and cookies before logging in with the new information. If you have an account with a username instead of an email address, you’d want to make sure to place in the username when logging in to the site or mobile application.
Is the log in email in use as both a primary user and a team member?
In some cases, the same email address may be connected with two separate log ins, one for the primary user of the account and another as a team member. When this occurs, the system is not able to tell what account you’re trying to log in to, causing an error.
In this situation, our support team will be able to assist in removing the collaborator associated with the email.
Has the account been cancelled or deactivated?
Once an account is disabled, you would not be able to log in going forward. There’s multiple reasons why this could occur. Such as:
- The account was manually cancelled by the account owner or was disabled upon their request.
- The account was a free trial which has been expired for over sixty days. Trial accounts remain active in a limited state for sixty days after expiration to give time to upgrade. After this point, they would be fully deactivated.
- The account was a paid account which had a negative balance for ninety days. After the first failed charge, the account would remain active in a limited state and multiple charge attempts would be attempted. It will be fully deactivated if it is not settled within those ninety days.
- The account was terminated or cancelled due to violations of our terms of service or other legal agreements with GetResponse.
Disabled accounts remain in the system for 120 days after the deactivation date. During this time, our team would be able to reactivate them upon request and restore all information previously present. This would be available for any accounts manually deleted or ones disabled after nonpayment/an expired trial.
Still not working?
Our Customer Success Team will be happy to help. Make sure you have the following information on hand to speed things along:
- The last known log in email/username associated with the account
- The last four digits of the credit card on file or billing address connected with the account