You’ve assembled a capable team, planned your campaign to the smallest detail, chosen the most effective platforms, and established an editorial calendar. Therefore, the social media campaign you are about to launch might as well be on its way.
However, life in the marketing department can be hectic, stressful, and sometimes even chaotic, so keeping your team organized and on track is paramount. And that, obviously, is easier said than done.
To handle all this stuff, many organizations and businesses used to have a designated team for the so-called Project Management Office. They are assigned to analyze the project and plan it according to the consequences to meet targets and improve the productivity of the entire team.
Since this is marketing we are talking about, maybe we shouldn’t be thinking about elevating the level of effectiveness, but rather focus on the methods of preventing the chaos that is bound to ensue.
- Pinpoint repeated processes and reuse them
Don’t reinvent the wheel every single time. You have done similar campaigns in the past. The experience you have gained will be the key factor when it comes to making decisions in the present. You know that some processes are bound to repeat, some issues will come up once again, and some bottlenecks will inevitably appear. Note the patterns whenever you can, and make templates which can ease your process management in the future. However, be wary of unexpected situations. If you ever face this unplanned, unstructured work, figure out the best ways of handling it and then reuse knowledge you gained in the future.
- Keep track of tasks, working hours and progress
it would be the best if all data is kept in one place. No matter the workload, well organized processes are easier to handle and will produce better results in the end. By using a simple project management tool you can keep your personal, as well as your team’s work well organized without worrying about missed deadlines.
- Clear your calendar
During the campaign you can’t be tied up in endless meetings. You must make time for thinking and planning, as well as yourself – just like your phone, you need to recharge to be fully operational. Even though routine is needed to get things done, taking short unscheduled breaks can relieve the stress and incent new ideas.
Importance of Workflow in Marketing Campaign Organization
No matter the object or type of your marketing campaign, effective communication amongst team members, as well as yourself and a client, is imperative. The first step towards managing a marketing team and organizing quality communication system is following a workflow of your marketing activities. Since each milestone is an opportunity to communicate with your team about project plans, objectives and intentions, there are some steps you might want to incorporate in your workflow:
- Delegation and deadline determination: This is a well-known fact, so there is no reason to dwell on it. However, there is always some level of uncertainty when it comes to choosing the best way to organize day to day work. As it turns out, there are a lot of software solutions to help you out in this department and one of the best are project management tools. While all of them can help you with task delegation and progress tracking, only selected few project management software for marketing agencies will allow you to include clients in the process and let them provide you with an immediate feedback.
- Choosing the performance metrics: By setting key performance metrics you will be able to determine and compare your performance to your peers in the industry at any time. Maybe you want to focus on inbound traffic or, let’s say, search engines ratings. It’s up to you. Just remember that right combination of metrics can show you not only where your strengths are but can point out your weaknesses as well. Having clear insights will help you determine which aspect of current marketing strategies or tactics needs to change.
- Strict agenda: Like we mentioned earlier in the text, long-lasting meetings can be counterproductive and take a bite out of the precious creative time. Therefore, setting up a strict agenda and sticking to it will help you avoid off-topic discussions. This will shorten the time wasted on a pointless chit-chat and allow your team to focus on more important matters.
- Establish centralized archive and documentation infrastructure: It would be ideal if all your documents, files, updates, task schedules, analytics and reports were in one place and accessible with the push of a button. That would eliminate the need for browsing for task related information, saving everyone’s time and effort in the process. Although not directly related to workflow, this is very useful tip overall.
By establishing a functional workflow, you have created conditions for your digital campaign to thrive and progress. All that is left now is achieving desired goals and delivering proper results to your distinguished clients.