What are on-demand webinars and how to use them? Video
On-demand webinars allow you to conduct automatic, prerecorded webinars without the need to be present during the event. Each contact who gets the link to your on-demand webinar is able to start it on their own while simultaneously subscribing to your list.
On-demand webinars are based on the recordings of your live webinars. It’s a brand new way to engage your contacts with your content if you plan to use the same webinar repeatedly.
There is no registration required for the on-demand webinars and we also don’t send reminders. People join your list and the webinar by providing their name and email address on the sign-in page. The webinar sign-in page language is based on the language of the list to which the webinar is linked.
What is the difference between live webinars and on-demand webinars?
Live webinars allow you to interact with the audience. They also give people a specific date when they can join the event. Participants can collaborate with you and other attendees using the live chat box to share feedback and ask questions. You need to start the event and let people in, in order for them to watch your webinar. This requires your presence to run the event. The webinars can be streamed to Facebook or YouTube. You can also use many features of the webinar room to make the webinar interactive. Please see here to see the features available in the webinar room.
On-demand webinars allow your contacts to watch the webinar disregarding the difference between your time zone and theirs. You don’t have to be present to moderate the webinar or to let people in. The webinar starts once people submit their name and email address and click a button on the next page to start the webinar. You have to record the event in advance and then you can share it with your audience. Since the webinar is based on the recording of a live webinar, there’s no way to interact with the audience during it. You can display Call to Action buttons to attract the viewer’s attention during the event and prompt them to take a specific action. The on-demand webinars ensure the webinar runs smoothly for your attendee and there are no internet connection or audio issues. It also allows your audience to decide when they have enough free time to attend your event. On-demand webinars are also the best choice if you decide to share exactly the same content repeatedly.
- On-demand webinars are only available on the Ecommerce Marketing and MAX plans.
- They aren’t available on free trials.
- You cannot re-use the same recording for several on-demand webinars. You can use one recording for one on-demand webinar.
- Use recommended layouts to avoid duplicating layout elements (like the top bar) in the webinar.
- The title of the live webinar will be displayed in the on-demand webinar as it’s inherited.
- You can’t upload your own file. The on-demand webinars can only be based on a recording of your live webinar in GetResponse.
- The webinar can only last for max 10h.
- GetResponse logo will be visible at the top of the webinar.
To create an on-demand webinar:
- Go to Webinars.
- Switch the tab to On-demand webinars.
- Click Create on-demand webinar.
- Enter your webinar name. It will only be visible for you, but it can influence the URL of your webinar.
- Click Add details next to Basic settings.
- Configure your webinar URL.
- Select the recording to playback for the attendees. You can only use one recording for one on-demand webinar. If you don’t have any recordings, you need to create a live webinar and record it.
- (optional) Add a call to action to be displayed during the webinar. You can have unlimited Call to action buttons, but only one can be displayed at a time. Configure your call to action button and save it. Repeat the process as needed.
- Choose the thank you page that should be displayed after the webinar ends. You can select a default page, landing page from GetResponse or a page hosted elsewhere.
- Save the settings by clicking Save this step.
- Click Edit settings in Subscription settings.
- Select to which list attendees should be added.
- Decide if you want to add them to the autoresponder cycle.
- Decide if you want to password-protect your webinar. If yes, provide a password with up to 30 characters. Only the people who have this password will be able to join your webinar.
- If needed, add consent fields to the sign-up page.
- Click Save this step.
- Press Create button to finish creating your on-demand webinar.
You will be redirected to the manage page of on-demand webinars from which you can copy the link to your event.
Can I automatically create on-demand webinar?
- Click on Add details in Basic settings to start setting up your event.
- Enable Automatically record on start and Automatically create an on-demand webinar when the event ends and enter the webinar name.
Video bitrate – 640 kbps
Audio bitrate – 64 kbps
Framerate – 20 fps
Resolution – 1280 x 720 px
Height – 720 px
Width – 1280 px
How to manage on-demand webinars?
- Go to Webinars.
- Switch the tab to On-demand webinars.
- Hover over the Action menu (vertical ellipsis) to display your options.
- Select Edit to adjust the event, Preview to see what the webinar will look like to your audience, or Delete to remove it completely.
You can also switch the webinars ON or OFF.
How to search for contacts who viewed the on-demand webinar?
To find contacts who attended the on-demand webinar:
- Go to Contacts.
- Click on the name of the list linked to your on-demand webinar.
- Click Add condition.
- Set your conditions like this: Contact actions > Webinars > Participated > select your webinar from the on-demand webinars section.