How do I integrate GetResponse and WordPress to grow my contact list, track site visits, and send ecommerce data?
GetResponse for WordPress lets you add site visitors to your contact list, update contact information, track site visits, and pass ecommerce data to GetResponse. It helps you keep your list growing and ensures you have the contact information and ecommerce data to plan successful marketing campaigns.
Here, we explain how to install the plugin and what options you can use once you’ve installed it. Please note that if you have the older version of the plugin and you’d like to start using the ecommerce and web event tracking features, you’ll need to deactivate it first. Then follow the instructions below to install and activate the plugin.
Already have the plugin and want to know how to enable its features?
Click on the links below to go to step-by-step instructions on how to start using the plugin features:
- adding GetResponse forms in WordPress,
- allowing people to sign up to your list when they register to WordPress,
- adding the signup option to registration forms and comments,
- adding BuddyPress members to your GetResponse list,
- adding new contacts via Contact Form 7 and Ninja Forms,
- using WooCommerce integration,
- tracking site visits.
Before you begin
Please note that WordPress only allows installing plugins on self-hosted WordPress.org sites.
- PHP 5.6 and above (7.2 is recommended)
- cURL library installed and loaded
- SLL certificate installed and enabled
- The list building tools in each of the plugins are available to all users as part of their pricing plan (Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, Ecommerce Marketing and MAX).
- The ecommerce features are available only in Marketing Automation, Ecommerce Marketing and Enterprise accounts. For more information on pricing and feature availability, please see the summary of the pricing plans.
Installing the plugin
To start using GetResponse for WordPress, you’ll need to install and activate the plugin and then connect your GetResponse account.
1. Log into your WordPress admin panel.
2. Go to the Plugins menu and click Add new.
3. In the search field, type in GetResponse for WordPress.
4. Once you’ve found it in the search results, click Install Now. When the plugin finishes installing, it will appear in the side menu.
5. To activate the plugin, go to Plugins>>Installed Plugins, locate GetResponse for WordPress, and click Activate.
6. Connect your GetResponse account. Here’s how to do it:
a. Go to the Account tab in the plugin.
b. Copy and paste the GetResponse API key you can find in Menu>>Integrations>>API in your GetResponse account. (If you are GetResponse Enterprise client, check the checkbox to confirm you have the Enterprise package, choose your account type, and enter your GetResponse Enterprise domain).
c. Click Connect.
Your plugin is now set up and you can start using its features.
What features are available in the plugin?
You can select from a variety of list-building options and options allowing you to update contact information, track customer behavior, and track and collect customer data.
Encourage people to sign up using all the list-building options and built-in integrations with Contact Form 7 and BuddyPress:
- add GetResponse forms anywhere on your site and within your blog posts,
- add an opt-in box to comments and registration forms to add site visitors to your list,
- add an opt-in box to Contact Form 7, BuddyPress, and Ninja Form forms.
WooCommerce – add contacts and collect ecommerce data
The built-in integration with WooCommerce lets you add customers to your contact list and send ecommerce data to GetResponse. Here’s what you can do with it:
- grow your list by adding customers at checkout,
- export customer list to GetResponse (this option allows you to export custom fields and purchase history),
- collect information about customer spending habits, products, purchases made, and shopping carts.
Each product and variant needs to have a unique SKU number for the data to be passed correctly.
Web Event tracking
GetResponse for WordPress lets you track visits to your site. Create workflows based on URLs visited. Use advanced search options to identify people who recently visited your site. You can create segment and plan your mailings.